Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Athletics Australia put out a release that they would be following up this suspension (something about waiting for a B sample test?) as the Australian 4x100m team were 4th at Comm Games.

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post

The same way they do at any of the other dozens/hundreds of worldwide competitions that don't certify shoes -- ask for evidence, and if it isn't provided you don't allow those marks for qualifying/ranking.
      What hundreds of competitions that "don't certify shoes"? If it's an approved WA meet, the officials check spikes.

I was competing at a UK Masters event recently, and even there they officials checked footwear before every race. And there was a guy in my heat who had illegal shoes: he was allowed to run, but warned that any record set would not be recognised. Alas, he came last, and didn't even make the top 200 in our age group ranking, so that's probably ok...

Different (secretive) drug testing regime, different rules on spikes, colleges employing proven drug cheats who have served bans for taking drugs and trafficking drugs...and people wonder why many non-US fans disregard or take NCAA performances with a pinch of salt? As mentioned earlier, the readiness to employ dopers as Head Coaches is a MASSIVE red flag. I'm pretty gob smacked tbh.
      Last edited by Wiederganger; 09-06-2022, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
        and people wonder why many non-US fans disregard or take NCAA performances with a pinch of salt?
        No, we don't; we just don't care if they do or not. The NCAA has its faults, but running a drug-happy, illegal-shoe-encouraging establishment is not one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          No, we don't; we just don't care if they do or not. The NCAA has its faults, but running a drug-happy, illegal-shoe-encouraging establishment is not one of them.
          I always figure the dismissive ones do so because of ignorance or inexperience.

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
            I always figure the dismissive ones do so because of ignorance or inexperience.
            Those people were already redundantly identified as "non-US fans".

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              Those people were already redundantly identified as "non-US fans".
              I see no reason to doubt marks made by NCAA athletes---foreign or USA!
              Most of the athletes repeat those marks, or at least come close, which gives veracity to the collegiate marks.
              But do I believe there is drug use in the NCAA?
              Absolutely!
              But in this case, one rotten apple doesn't mean the whole barrel is rotten!
              This is---as I said in my initial post here---about the Ross family (Duane & Randolph), and athletes associated with them, meaning the teams at Tennessee and NC A&T!!
              And also as I said earlier, I'd recommend that athletes from those two institutions start the transfer process NOW!!

Comment

You must have inside information about the Ross and Nwokocha cases. I can't imagine you would issue a condemnation without all the facts.

Comment

It's amusing to see which posters are happy to condemn the whole of the "Eastern Bloc" based on incomplete records from one country, the GDR, yet refuse to believe their home grown stars from the 80s were also doped.
                  And it's those same posters who happily condemn Russian athletes, or a Naser, but yet cannot accept the atrocious doping culture of the NCAA, and think its perfectly reasonable for a convicted and previously banned doper and trafficker to head up a track team. But no, there is no problem in the NCAA LOL.

Your blind patriotism is commendable.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
                    Your blind patriotism is commendable.
                    Your antipathy towards the USA is noted with concern for your psychological well-being. We are a deeply flawed nation! And . . . this, being a USA web-site, should be the last place on earth you should want to be.
                    I'm sure there is a Dutch site that you would be much more comfortable at. Should we help you find it?

Comment

Working...
                    X