Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Relays Tickets

Making sure I'm not missing something:

I keep looking for these on-sale. Are they not available yet? I want to make sure I'm not missing out on these, thought maybe I didn't have the secret-decoder-ring.
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

I don't think they are even thinking about tickets for an event six months away. You won't have any trouble getting tickets as a walk-up customer.

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
      I don't think they are even thinking about tickets for an event six months away. You won't have any trouble getting tickets as a walk-up customer.
      My first time and I already have my hotel and I'm psyched I guess I'm just worried about it. Thanks for the response that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post

My first time and I already have my hotel and I'm psyched I guess I'm just worried about it. Thanks for the response that helps.
        Personally the few times I have gone I don't mess with reserved tickets. Even though they might be on the finish line, that means full on sun. I usually go for general admission.

Comment

Originally posted by donley2 View Post

Personally the few times I have gone I don't mess with reserved tickets. Even though they might be on the finish line, that means full on sun. I usually go for general admission.
          And then wander around as appropriate?

Hmm...good stuff to ponder. Yeah, in my excitement I don't want to make a dumb ticket purchase. I know from being their for State in 2018 that even March in Austin can be brutal in the sun.

Comment

Originally posted by donley2 View Post

Yep, GA tickets and then pick your spots depending on the events you want to see. I have always found the backstretch to be the best position to see the most action at Mike A. Myers Stadium, especially if you are a field events fan. I think I have only sat on the homestretch side a couple times, and briefly then.

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post

Yep, GA tickets and then pick your spots depending on the events you want to see. I have always found the backstretch to be the best position to see the most action at Mike A. Myers Stadium, especially if you are a field events fan. I think I have only sat on the homestretch side a couple times, and briefly then.
              I can attest to this. You definitely don’t need to buy advance tickets. My advice is wear a cowboy hat for shade and drink plenty of water.

Comment

Originally posted by billychuck View Post

I can attest to this. You definitely don’t need to buy advance tickets. My advice is wear a cowboy hat for shade and drink plenty of water.
                Love it!

Thanks everyone.

Comment

My first Texas Relays as an official was 1972. In the intervening half-century, I missed only 1981 (family funeral) and 2022 (knee replacement). I have rarely sat in the stands and do not recall ever sitting, even momentarily, in the east stands of Mike Myers. In the west stands, you might catch a little shade, are closer to most field events, sprints and hurdles are often run on the west side, and the porta-potties are at the NW corner of the track.
                  I do not think there will be any problem in walking up for GA tickets.

Comment

Working...
                  X