Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's the Netherlands link for Sunday. The men's 400 final goes at 10:32 AM Eastern and the women's final at 10:41 AM:

Volg hier de NK Indoor Senioren 2023 die plaatsvindt in Omnisport Apeldoorn.Het programma/startlijsten/uitslagen zijn terug te vinden op https://www.atletiek...

Bol took it a lot easier than last year and ran the second fastest time but gets lane 6 outside Klaver in 5. Slow starting Lisanne De Witte is in 4 just outside of even more hesitant Cathelijn Peeters in 3. Eveline Saalberg in 2 and Andrea Bouma in 1 might try to risk early to get ahead of either De Witte or Peeters.

Saalberg ran the strangest race on Saturday. She was rank, to borrow another horse racing term, going through 200 in a faster time than her indoor personal best at 200. I think she viewed Peeters in the same heat as a real threat and was determined to get the jump on her, without realizing her normal pace would have accomplished that. Instead she weakened badly and was passed late.

It was a darn shame that teenager Myrte van de Shoot came up .09 shy of the final. She ran an excellent race and celebrated enthusiastically in the aftermath. Unfortunately the stalled journeywoman Bouma ran .09 faster, despite being passed with ease on the backstretch by De Witte. I think van de Schoot was hurt by the fact she had none of the other second tier types to compete against in her heat. She was in with Bol.

The men's field is a mess with Agard stumbling out and Burnet failing to advance. It remains inconceivable that this bunch won silver in Tokyo. Isayah Boers looked good with a personal best but he always fares much better when relaxed. He'll likely tighten up in the final.

Liemarvin hilariously decided to celebrate a nondescript heat victory and took a tumble in the process. That was awesome because it was obviously going to happen, given the camera angle available to the home audience. Liemarvin was the only one who didn't realize there was a sprawled teammate directly in his backpedal path.

Liemarvin and Boers have an internal rivalry so there will be lots of intensity between them on lap two. Boers figures to lead at the junction.
    Last edited by Awsi Dooger; 02-19-2023, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• Mujinga Kambundji ran 7.03 in the 60m dash

Comment

• At the Greek championships, Karalis jumped 5.86m to break Filippidis's indoor NR from 2017.
        He's looking really good after a disappointing 2022.

Comment

• At Italian Nationals
          Men High Jump

Sottile 2.26
          Fassinotti 2.24
          Stronati (born in 2004) 2.24

Sottile seems to be back at decent level (he already had a 2.27 and a 2.25 in 2023) after struggling since his 2.33 in 2019. Basically, between one injury and the other, after that 2.33, he has never jumped more than 2.21 until February 2023.
          Last edited by ItalianFan; 02-19-2023, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• Well, 'this bunch' of Dutch mens 400m runners just had a very good final with Boers winning in 45.72 ahead of Bonevacia 45.83. Klein ikkink was 3rd in 46.28.

Comment

• Over in Poland, Kaczmarek won the 400 in 50.83 ahead if Kielbasinska 51.33.

Comment

• Originally posted by Revenant View Post
                Over in Poland, Kaczmarek won the 400 in 50.83 ahead if Kielbasinska 51.33.
                That's a new NR. Święty was third in 51.91 SB. Kaczmarek repeated after the race she has no intention of going to Istanbul.

There were also major PBs from Jakub Szymański - 7.53 in the 60H, Kajetan Duszyński - 46.24 at 400 and Albert Komański - 20.56 at 200 (missed Marcin Urbaś's NR by 0.01).
                Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Well, 'this bunch' of Dutch mens 400m runners just had a very good final with Boers winning in 45.72 ahead of Bonevacia 45.83. Klein ikkink was 3rd in 46.28.
                  There seem to be a very good new wave (men and women) of quarter milers from this small country, today 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Comment

• In Italy, Jacobs(6.55) beaten by Samuele Ceccarell​I (6.54)

Women 400: Folorunso 52.28 (second Italian indoor performance of all time behind the 52.17 run by Virna De Angeli in 1996).
                    Men 800: Tecuceanu​ 1:45.99 (second all-time indoor in Italy behind the 1:45.44 by Giuseppe D'Urso in 1993)
                    Men shot put: Fabbri 21.60 Weir 21.46 Ponzio 20.60
                    Last edited by ItalianFan; 02-19-2023, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ItalianFan View Post
                      In Italy, Jacobs(6.55) beaten by Samuele Ceccarell​I (6.54)

Women 400: Folorunso 52.28 (second Italian indoor performance of all time behind the 52.17 run by Virna De Angeli in 1996).0
                      Apparently Jacobs was trying some new technique?

Note Folorunso has been training with Bol and Klaver in RSA

Comment

• Interesting choice for a photo....

Comment

• The Dutch men's 400 side obviously didn't receive much attention thanks to Bol. Boers held on over Bonevacia at a new lifetime best of 45.72 to Bonevacia's 45.83. They celebrated together with a hand slap routine that I've seen them do previously. Last year Liemarvin seemed to view Boers as a friend but also as an unproven guy who was attempting to steal too much of the spotlight. One year later the friendship has strengthened and it's more of a mentor role.

Here is that race: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5l79iStBOo

The third place finisher Isaya Ikkink is the only young 400 guy who has shown any promise this year. He looked smooth throughout and was actually gaining at the end. Meuwly might have to recruit him to Papendal. Ikkink is only 19 and has primarily been a short sprinter and sprint hurdler.

Otherwise it was another very disappointing effort from Celine van Heerikhuize. She was immediately passive and allowed herself to be shuffled into last place. Such a contrast to the heat in which there was only one automatic qualifier. Celine ran that one from the front throughout. In the final I knew all along she would wait until the final stretch and pass several runners who she exceeds in raw ability. She won the lean for third. Big deal. She needs to find more confidence in herself during the bulk of the race:

Het is lang geleden dat Danaïd Prinsen zich Nederlands Kampioene mocht noemen. Vandaag 19 februari 2023 lukte het haar weer. Dolblij Nederlands Kampioene wor...

Comment

• Maybe Isaya Klein Ikkink is already at Papendal. Revenant would probably know. I just looked at the Instagram. There is one Papendal post from October. That's the start of training camp so he may have joined and I missed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
                              Maybe Isaya Klein Ikkink is already at Papendal. Revenant would probably know. I just looked at the Instagram. There is one Papendal post from October. That's the start of training camp so he may have joined and I missed it.
                              So, I gather he's at Papendal, but not in the Meuwly/Bram training group. I guess because he's an U20 & Meuwly is the senior's coach. However, I would not be surprised to see him join the group in the near future.

I wonder how long it will be before C Peeters joins the group. She was the only non-Meuwly athlete in the w400m final (Lisanne wasn't a permanent Meuwly fixture, but this winter she did the main RSA training camps with them). Her speed and general conditioning are poor at the moment. If he gets his hands on her she will be knocking another second off her times for sure.

Note, even though she (just) finished 3rd, I would still choose Saalberg over her for the 4x4 in Istanbul. Assuming Lieke goes on leg 1, you do not want a slow starter on leg 2, otherwise straight away you loose what you have just gained. Better a faster opener, like Saalberg, and let the traffic behnd her fight it out. Then keep Lisanne on leg 3, with Femke on leg 4.
                              Last edited by Revenant; 02-20-2023, 07:56 AM.

Comment

.... what does go against Peeters is her lack of experience, especially against top quality opposition. Whilst Van de Weil & Ooesterwegel were close to her at the break here, she was able to ease ahead unchallenged. She wont have that at the Nationals. .....
                                Unchallenged?

Well... we now had the nationals and everyone seems to be looking at Bol and a bit at Klaver, but 4 seconds behind Bol there we four women fighting for the third place:
                                At 200m it was: 3rd Saalberg, 4th De Witte, 5th Bouma, 6th Peeters, a closed group. Less than 4 meters between 3 and 6.
                                Around 270m the same, camera followed Bol and Klaver, these four out of view.
                                At 330m they are become visible: 3rd Saalberg, 4th De Witte, 5th Peeters, and clearly behind 6th Bouma
                                At 350 Peeters is still 5th, going to the outside and passes Saalberg and De Witte in the last 40m.

So challenged by equals (that is what Saalberg, De Witte and more or less Bouma are) Peeters is also capable of ending and finishing stronger

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎