Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High-tech shoes put Bolt's records in danger of being spiked but better than drugs

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trickstat View Post

Yes there's masses of real-world data indicating that, in normal circumstances, anyone putting pressure on the blocks within 0.100s of the gun being fired is not responding to the gun. However, it appears that circumstances were not normal at the Eugene WCs.
    Agreed. We need an explanation of the cause of the observed Oregon22 anomaly. I don't see any reason to reevaluate the 0.100 criteria, but if someone does so, they should use the existing real-world data.

Comment

• Originally posted by Davidokun View Post
      Agreed. We need an explanation of the cause of the observed Oregon22 anomaly. I don't see any reason to reevaluate the 0.100 criteria, but if someone does so, they should use the existing real-world data.
      But if the Eugene blocks were mis-calibrated, as we suspect they were, isn't all that RT data flawed?
      Were those blocks/timer/software packed up and unused since then?

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        But if the Eugene blocks were mis-calibrated, as we suspect they were, isn't all that RT data flawed?
        Any reevalution of the 0.100 criteria would not include the outlier data from Oregon22.

Comment

• Conspiracy theory: Were Devon and others with seemingly fast reaction times wearing carbon fiber inserts in super shoes? It's the shoes. That's were the 1/000th came from

Comment

• Originally posted by DET59 View Post
            Conspiracy theory: Were Devon and others with seemingly fast reaction times wearing carbon fiber inserts in super shoes? It's the shoes. That's were the 1/000th came from
            Ha! Up there with QAnon! I don't think the pad can tell the difference between pressure from a super-shoe and a regular shoe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              Ha! Up there with QAnon! I don't think the pad can tell the difference between pressure from a super-shoe and a regular shoe.
              I beg to differ- put super shoes on a super human and you get super reaction times like .999. It couldn't possibly be mis-calibration? This is T&F at the highest level with constant checking and re-checking. They don't make mistakes at this level. The only way there could be an error would be a conspiracy..... (cue to raising one finger in the air to somber music)

Good news for Devon is the Eagles have had a couple of injuries is he might get called up for returns and back-up WR, which will earn him more in a Sunday sitting on a bench for most of the game than an entire Diamond League hurdling season.

Comment

• Originally posted by DET59 View Post
                Good news for Devon is the Eagles have had a couple of injuries is he might get called up for returns.
                And! . . . I heard it on the DL that he had a pair of football cleats made with the carbon-plates, and defenders will just hear a whoosh as he blows by them!

Comment

Working...
                X