Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Berlin Paywall (streaming services rant)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berlin Paywall (streaming services rant)

Apparently the Berlin Marathon will be live streamed on Flotrack, which requires a subscription. Didn't we formerly get the WMMs included with NBC Sports Gold (now Peacock)? I briefly subbed to, (i think it was) runnerspace plus to get access to USATF Outdoors, but I'm just too cheap and/or lazy to buy and cancel another subscription AND wake up early for this stuff. also, for some reason, I dislike flotrack. They don't even, as far as I can tell, give you the subscription rates on their site, they prompt you to create a login first instead, but I've seen elsewhere that it's $30/month. No thanks, That's 6 months worth of peacock! Maybe if my kids ever end up going to college and are in a track meet I can't drive to, I'll shell out for a niche livestream, but come on! How many services does a track fan need to subscribe to and cancel each year?

Currently, there are no upcoming events listed on Peacock's T&F feed. Boston was the last marathon listed in replays.

Comment

Flotrack and it's associated sites like Flobikes are buying up everything. This week its the road world cycling championships, which were formerly broadcast by NBC. As far as I can tell the only notable properties still carried by NBC/Peacock are the Tour de France(and other races in the portfolio of the Tour's owner) and USATF/World T&F championships. You can bet it's just a matter of time before Flotrack acquires them as well.
      There are no strings on me

Comment

Are there any sites streaming it with English commentary that are viewable with a VPN?

Comment

Originally posted by CD203 View Post
          Are there any sites streaming it with English commentary that are viewable with a VPN?
          I haven't tried recently, but there has been English language radio coverage of track in the past and now most radio stations are available online. You might be able to sync that up with a non-English live video feed. A lot of European TV stations can be accessed with a VPN ( as can the CBC in Canada and some Caribbean and LA feeds).

Comment

Working...
          X