Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Much Time Does Wariner Have on His Side?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Much Time Does Wariner Have on His Side?

(Double-thread).
    Faster Than MJ:s WR
    0%
    43,30 - 43,40
    0%
    43,41 - 43,50
    0%

Why no "slower than 43.50" option? And what if I think he'll end up in the 43.18-43.29 bracket?
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by Powell
      Why no "slower than 43.50" option? And what if I think he'll end up in the 43.18-43.29 bracket?
      Wariner does have the potential to go under 43.40 but the chances of it happening are small. It would take great weather, a great track, a great field as well as his conditioning at the time.
      The best thing Wariner has going for him is is age, he may be able to compete at an ultra-high level for 6 to 9 years, and he may turn in a good one at anytime during those years.
      Another factor could be whoever else develops during this time, it may be another American or the tall young guy from Jamaica (Why cant I think of his name now) or who knows someone from Spain may come out of nowhere.

Comment

Time plus training plus health and Wariner is a threat to the world record. He reminds me of Quincy Watts when he finished his career at USC. Wariner foot speed will be there (or already there) like Watts in the short sprints and with Hart's training, I know his endurance/strength is there. If he stays injury free for the next few years, he could brake the record. But until then, I think that he will run a 43.50.

Comment

Wariner runs 43.5-43.6 auto this summer.....you heard it here first.

Kurt

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt Francis
            Wariner runs 43.5-43.6 auto this summer.....you heard it here first.

Kurt
            Given that he just ran a 43.2 (43.1?) relay leg in frigging EARLY APRIL, that just might be his third or fourth fastest time of the summer...

Comment

Kirsner:

I hadn't heard he ran 43.1-43.2...of course, I don't have the time to follow muchof those matters anymore. Too busy with my own career and coaching at the D3 collegiate level to pay much attention to much else. My predictions regarding his improvement this summer were based on my own assumptions regarding anticipated improvement in his maturity and his recent 200m times reported here.

Kurt

Comment

Kirsner:

I hadn't heard he ran 43.1-43.2...of course, I don't have the time to follow muchof those matters anymore. Too busy with my own career and coaching at the D3 collegiate level to pay much attention to much else. My predictions regarding his improvement this summer were based on my own assumptions regarding anticipated improvement in his maturity and his recent 200m times reported here.

Kurt
                Scroll down to bottom of the page for the video...it's especially impressive considering that he had to run wide while gobbling up a very, very good sub 45-runner...

http://www.milesplit.com/article/8874

Comment

Originally posted by Kirsner72
                  Kirsner:

Kurt
                  Scroll down to bottom of the page for the video...it's especially impressive considering that he had to run wide while gobbling up a very, very good sub 45-runner...

http://www.milesplit.com/article/8874
                  Yep, I thought that the extra distance was the equivalent of another 0.1-0.2 seconds; still not sub-43 but how many early-April sub-43 have there been? By the way, I do not remember if it was breezy or not; if it was then the time is even more impressive.

Comment

Working...
                  X