• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HS Star Griffin Matthew Pointing To Stanford Since Age 10

http://www.longmontfyi.com/sports-story.asp?id=7179

is it such a surprise ?

both tiger & johnny mac went there

Comment

Given the way the U.S. collegiate system works, I'm guessing that very few athletic stars end up where they think they were going to go at age 10. Indeed, I doubt many 10-year-olds have any aspirations other than to go to whatever is local just because it is, or to a parent's alma mater if the parents are gung ho enough about it.

Comment

The girl has exquisite taste in colleges!

Comment

Judging by the Class 4A highschool she goes to, she is not from California. They mentioned Michigan and Colorado, but does anyone know where she is from?

Comment

The article states that one of her parents works at the University of Colorado, so I would guess CO.

Comment

Originally posted by ed gee
              The article states that one of her parents works at the University of Colorado, so I would guess CO.
              I will go with that. I would of guessed that climate also has a big part into going to a college or university. I do see it as weird for those who leave home to go to out-of-state schools anyway. It should be a good decision for her to explore the atmosphere at Stanford. I will admit, it does look nice.

Comment

Originally posted by tlb747
                It should be a good decision for her to explore the atmosphere at Stanford. I will admit, it does look nice.
                good decision?
                looks nice?
                looks nice?

Damned by faint praise!

Comment

Originally posted by ed gee
                  Niwot High School (look at the caption under the photo). Here is a Denver Post article on her as well.

Comment

With good kids like this, our world has a chance.

Comment

Niwot HS is in Longmont, CO. about 25 (I'm guessing here) miles north of Denver......

Comment

Working...
                      X