Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High School Track 2023

Ya can't start the new year with the past year's stats!

Jack Shepard's High School Track 2023 annual booklet is available now. He has a new address but can still be reached at [email protected].

Thanks to him (boys stats) and Mike Kennedy (girls stats), we have a great resource for prep track every year.

One correction in the records section that Jack is now aware of:
    HSB Record in the Marathon is 2:22:51, set on April 2, 2022, at the Salisbury Marathon by Tim Synowiec (Bennett, Salisbury, Maryland)‚Äč

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      Ya can't start the new year with the past year's stats!

Jack Shepard's High School Track 2023 annual booklet is available now. He has a new address but can still be reached at [email protected].

Thanks to him (boys stats) and Mike Kennedy (girls stats), we have a great resource for prep track every year.
      So is this a thread that can also be used to post news about HS track (not just for the book)?

Big weekend coming up with Hispanic Games, Ocean Breeze Freedom Games, LSU Classic and some others. No TX A&M indoor meet(s) this year because of facility construction. Their big HS meet was usually this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by steveu View Post
        So is this a thread that can also be used to post news about HS track (not just for the book)?
        Absolutely.

The brand-new indoor facility (200 banked Mondo!) in Gainesville, FL is supposed to open next week with the Jimmy Carnes Invitational!
        Last edited by Atticus; 01-06-2023, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Big weekend coming up with Hispanic Games, Ocean Breeze Freedom Games, LSU Classic and some others. No TX A&M indoor meet(s) this year because of facility construction. Their big HS meet was usually this weekend.
          Does it make sense to have to what I guess are big meets in NYC on the same weekend (day)?

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
            Does it make sense to have to what I guess are big meets in NYC on the same weekend (day)?
            NYC and its immediate environs has >10M peeps! Over 600 HSs.

Comment

favorite name among this year's crop: Florida sprinter Valentino Rudolph

(no, he doesn't go to Sheikh High)

Comment

Steve, when *you* post high school stuff, that *makes it* a valid thread.

No TX A&M indoor meet(s) this year because of facility construction. Their big HS meet was usually this weekend.
                Ahh, does that mean no Kennedy Smith videos this year? (Oops, gotta stick to high school.)

Comment

Mid-distance star Sophia Gorriaran comes from behind to beat sprint star Shawnti Jackson at the VA Showcase today, 1:11.35-1:11.94. Gorriaran already # 5 a-t HS with 1:11.26, while Jackson is (I think) #11 all-time with her mark.

Comment

Karen Locke just tweeted that Hana Moll has cleared 4.51 at the Pole Vault Summit, if that is accurate that ties her sister's overall HSR and would be the indoor best.

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
                      Karen Locke just tweeted that Hana Moll has cleared 4.51 at the Pole Vault Summit, if that is accurate that ties her sister's overall HSR and would be the indoor best.
                      She says Amanda has cleared 4.51 as well.

Comment

One of the twins just cleared "15 feet" whatever that means.

Not sure I will be confident in the exact results until they get posted online. I hate not being there.

Comment

I believe it was Amanda Moll over 4.61/ 15' 1.50"

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
                            One of the twins just cleared "15 feet" whatever that means.

Not sure I will be confident in the exact results until they get posted online. I hate not being there.

Only 10 cm off the WU20 indoor record

Comment

More VA Showcase

Shawnti Jackson just took down the HSR at 300m, 36.63, beating down Syd's old mark. US top 10 all-time goes down to 36.27. I was wondering if her mark was fast enough for that list, but not quite. Still pretty impressive. I still remember being in person at VA Tech (different track) when McCorory set the pre-McLaughlin mark in 2006 at 36.96, I believe.

The deep Cuthbertson HS (N.C.) distance squad produces an 8:57.98 4x800, # 8 all-time indoor (and maybe top 2-3 in-season).
                              Last edited by steveu; 01-14-2023, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X