Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blinebury shames self in Houston rag

To see a perfectly awful piece that evidences little, if any, research, go to Fran Blinebury's column in Thursday's Houston Chronicle:

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/2081089

This from a paper that saw fit to run only minimal wire copy throughout the Championships.

Re: Blinebury shames self in Houston rag

Read the thread "Only scandal make the headlines" by Trackstar. It may be time to get out your pen and write a similar note to your local rag.

Comment

sportswriters have no shame

Comment

Bear with me on this one: guy dies and goes to heaven. St. Peter looks up and says, "What the heck [he's not allowed to say the other h-word] are you doing here? You're not due for years." Checks the books and says, "I'm sorry, there's been a terrible mistake, we'll have to send you back." Guy says, "Whew, I had a lot I wanted to get done still." St. P says, "There is one minor hangup; we already destroyed your body." Guy is distraught, but St. P says, "But we can make it for you; you can custom build any body you want."

So the guy says, "Give me the body of Arnold Schwarzenegger and the looks of Brad Pitt." St. P says, "Done; now what about a brain?" Guy says, "Give me the brain of a sportswriter." St. P gets a quizzical look and says, "A sportswriter?!" Guy says, "Yeah, I want on that has never been used."

rim shot

Comment

ROTFLMAO
          why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

>"Give me the brain of a sportswriter." St. P gets a quizzical look and says, "A sportswriter?!" Guy says, "Yeah, I want on that has never been used."

rim shot<

And what is it that YOU do for a living, Mr. Hill? :-)

Comment

Working...
            X