Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sha'Carri Richardson Makes Headlines Again

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    this is not a basketball thread

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
      And more importantly, with the coach.
      Prior to the plane, she started a new YouTube channel with 60 minutes of long form vlogging. It ends with her asking the viewers to help "hold me accountable."

      I do want to give her credit for at least getting off the plane under her own power. Not on the video is the crew informing her what will happen if law enforcement has to come on the plane and physically remove her.




      Comment


      • #48
        After the American ladies tremendous 4x100 win in the WC last year(without her) I hope it sent a strong message to this young woman that she has to get it together or be left behind.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by mungo man View Post

          For some people , money is the end all be all. Again this is the society we live in.
          I sure hope that is not the case...If SCR is simply a transactional athlete she will never be a top sprinter.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by beebee View Post
            After the American ladies tremendous 4x100 win in the WC last year(without her) I hope it sent a strong message to this young woman that she has to get it together or be left behind.
            Don't you think that if it had sent a strong message to her we would have seen some change in her attitude/behavior/commitment to track by now?

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by beebee View Post
              After the American ladies tremendous 4x100 win in the WC last year(without her) I hope it sent a strong message to this young woman that she has to get it together or be left behind.
              Richardson has more insta followers than those four ladies combined. Actually, more followers than those four plus SML and Athing Mu combined.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by TN1965 View Post

                Richardson has more insta followers than those four ladies combined. Actually, more followers than those four plus SML and Athing Mu combined.
                This makes no sense and makes me feel old πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by beebee View Post

                  This makes no sense and makes me feel old πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
                  With more and more people in that age group how many instagram followers you have is the most important thing in your life. I know, I have 4 grand daughtersπŸ˜ƒ

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post

                    With more and more people in that age group how many instagram followers you have is the most important thing in your life. I know, I have 4 grand daughtersπŸ˜ƒ
                    Last week while heading back to my firm in downtown Chicago I noticed a bearded guy wearing a short skirt and boots strolling down Dearborn St...
                    That too made me feel old and confused
                    Last edited by beebee; 01-24-2023, 05:46 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by beebee View Post

                      This makes no sense and makes me feel old πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
                      Maybe the others are too busy training, or too self-conscious, to put the time and energy (and provocation) into making instagram videos......

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by TN1965 View Post

                        Richardson has more insta followers than those four ladies combined. Actually, more followers than those four plus SML and Athing Mu combined.
                        Wow, how impressive., not !! Where would we be without the social media sh** of Instagram, tik tok, facebook.?

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by DET59 View Post

                          Maybe the others are too busy training, or too self-conscious, to put the time and energy (and provocation) into making instagram videos......
                          Maybe, maybe not. But the reality is, social media is a massive marketing tool, and companies are very savvy and aware of its power. Hence the other marketable athlete that often gets mentioned, Alica Scmidt, and her pulling power in Germany. Fans turn up to meets wanting to see Sha-Carri, or Alica, and thus the meet promoters and advertisers want them. Staying relevant on social media for Sha-Carri is smart and serves a purpose. And again, we have 4 pages and counting on the topic. There's something like 3 threads and over 11 pages on the same topic on LR.

                          What I will say is I'm both bemused & perplexed at the disdain towards Richardson based on her 'character', and yet so many are forgiving and welcome back proven drug cheats who've served bans. They are the ones bringing the sport into disrepute, not her. They are the bad characters, the bad apples. She's just a silly young woman. Justin Gatlin would cross the line, aggressively posturing, and get a cheer. His multiple doping infractions forgiven. Sha'Carri does silly-girl stuff off the track and she's the antichrist.
                          Last edited by Revenant; 01-24-2023, 12:11 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Revenant View Post

                            Maybe, maybe not. But the reality is, social media is a massive marketing tool, and companies are very savvy and aware of its power. Hence the other marketable athlete that often gets mentioned, Alica Scmidt, and her pulling power in Germany. Fans turn up to meets wanting to see Sha-Carri, or Alica, and thus the meet promoters and advertisers want them. Staying relevant on social media for Sha-Carri is smart and serves a purpose. And again, we have 4 pages and counting on the topic. There's something like 3 threads and over 11 pages on the same topic on LR.

                            What I will say is I'm both bemused & perplexed at the disdain towards Richardson based on her 'character', and yet so many are forgiving and welcome back proven drug cheats who've served bans. They are the ones bringing the sport into disrepute, not her. She's just a silly young woman. Justin Gatlin would cross the line, aggressively posturing, and get a cheer. His multiple doping infractions forgiven. Sha'Carri does silly-girl stuff off the track and she's the antichrist.
                            Just a Silly girl??!!

                            That kind of soft-selling of her absurd behavior is a huge part of the reason she acts this way. Enabler!
                            You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post

                              Just a Silly girl??!!

                              That kind of soft-selling of her absurd behavior is a huge part of the reason she acts this way. Enabler!
                              "Silly = having or showing a lack of common sense or judgement; absurd and foolish." So yes, silly.

                              Enabler? I really don't see how my post enabling or encouraging of her negative behaviour? But your rather OTT response illustrates my point: grown men losing the plot over this silly woman. I just wish there was the same anger and despair at more important issues in the sport.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
                                1. Richardson has more insta followers than those four ladies combined. Actually, more followers than those four plus SML and Athing Mu combined.
                                ​.
                                Originally posted by Revenant View Post
                                2. social media is a massive marketing tool, and companies are very savvy and aware of its power.
                                3. Fans turn up to meets wanting to see Sha-Carri,
                                4. Staying relevant on social media for Sha-Carri is smart and serves a purpose.
                                5. proven drug cheats who've served bans. They are the ones bringing the sport into disrepute, not her. They are the bad characters, the bad apples.
                                1. Impressive indeed.
                                2. Granted.
                                3. True.
                                4. Granted.
                                5. True.

                                So where does that leave us?
                                If I thought for one second that this was all a planned-out, shrewd marketing scheme, I'd just shake my head and let it all go.
                                But, to quote Capt. Willard in Apocalypse Now when asked by a clearly disordered Col. Kurtz if Willard thought his methods unsound? Willard's response, "I don't see any method at all."
                                Given the difficulties she experienced in her formative years, she needs formal therapy. She needs to talk herself through this 'phase' (I hope) and gain insight into why she acts out as she does. It's not just for attention, which she craves; it's for affirmation of her worth (stop dissing me seems to be a recurring motif).

                                Enough telepsychology . . . I will try very hard to support her TRACK endeavors and ignore the rest. At this point, she can't help herself, criticisms are pointless. ​

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X