X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome 1-day prep triple for Annie St. Geme

in her orange county meet

4:50.66 1600 - 2:10.47 800 - 10:25.04 3200

maybe best open events one-day triple ever for US prep?

don't know how far apart ... her 1600 pr is 4:43 ... the other 2 were PRs ... 3200 was 5:23x-5:01x splits; she obviously can run that faster. Sounds like her coach wanted to give her a mid-season strength test. If you've seen her in person at Arcadia or something, she looks VERY strong

Awesome. I believe Mary Mendoza (San Jose Presentation High School 1987) ran a 2.17-4.50-10.23 triple a week before CCS qualifying for state. This is, of course 19 years ago, so memory can have slipped me (barely :-)).

Comment

amazing splits

Her splits for the 3200 were about 5:23/5:01. She was just getting started!

Comment

Annie, of course, is Ceci Hopp's child -- a fact with which EPelle is no doubt familiar.

Edit: Good genes aren't everything, but they seem to be an important thing.

Comment

Originally posted by George P.
          Annie, of course, is Ceci Hopp's child -- a fact with which EPelle is no doubt familiar.

Edit: Good genes aren't everything, but they seem to be an important thing.
          I thought I remembered Frank Shorter saying that if you want to be an Olympic champion you needed to choose your parents carefully.

Comment

Working...
          X