Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justin Gatlin "rookie" sprinter

With but one season under his belt on the world stage you'd have to say he was a success. Of course the bummer being him unable to compete in Paris due to an injury. Too bad they pick our national teams off of one meet. Why?

I think if he'd been there he could have won the 200. He is every bit as good as Capel.

His young career already has him a sub10.00/20.00 man, a World 60 champ and histories only sub13.50/10.00/20.00 athlete.

I can honestly say I see him capable of doubling in Athens in 2004. I think he can medal in the 100 and take the gold in the deuce.

The thing about him other than his age is the way he never seems to be pressing and gives the impression there is so much more waiting to nbe unleashed.

Re: Justin Gatlin

I agree with you, Gatlin is problably the best sprinter of his generation.
    However there are other great young sprinters, like Darrel Brown and Usain Bolt...do not forget about them.
    I really think that the Olympics are going to be amazing with the you guns like Gatlin, Brown and Bolt running against Greene, Collins, Chambers...
    Let´s wait and see...

Comment

I had the pleasure of watching Gatlin run at the 2001 Junior Nationals in Richmond, VA, where he won an unprecedented 100/200/110 hurdle triple.

Anyone who attended and watched that meet quickly realized, there was the general competition and then there was Gatlin--who was in a league all by himself. The only event that he looked mortal in was the hurdles. However it was evident that he's a hurdler of exceptional skill.

Although he didn't do some of the things he wanted to do this season sprintwise, I wouldn't count him out. We definitely will see more of this young man.

Comment

There is a new wave of young sprinters coming. Gatlin, Powell, Brown, Bolt, who shall if all goes well provide us with some seroius fireworks in the next few years. I am just glad I will hopefully be around to watch
        why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

I agree with all of you, the sprints are going to be very exciting over the next few years. I haven't seen Bolt yet but have heard a lot about him. I have always been impressed with Justin Gatlin. He can run everything from the 400 down. Hopefully he will compete at Mt Sac this April (2004). It's time for some new sprinters, the Greene/Montgomery thing has gotten old.

Comment

Working...
          X