Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GP Final Selection question

So, I know that the top 7 (11 for events 1500 and over) on the IAAF rankings are automatically chosen for the GP final in Monaco with the remaining spot being a either a wild card (I think their are five wild cards available) or the 8th ranker. My question is, what happens if one of the invitees declines? Do they invite the next one on the IAAF rankings, give more wild cards or run with open lanes?

Re: GP Final Selection question

If there are refusals/cancellations, IAAF then counts down to positions 8-9-10-11, in order, to fill (9.2). However, there's also a codicil (9.3) which says that "upon reaching 12th position, or if a cancellation has been made less than 36 hours before the Final, the IAAF has the right to extend invitations to any athletes of its choice."

Comment

yes, i doubt that Levan Sands will contest the GP final as he has returned back to school?

Comment

Re: WAF Final Selection question

You'll see very few, if any, collegians at this meet. They can't take the prize money, and it's the end of a very long season, so why bother?

Comment

how do you RETURN BACK to school?I thought the prefix RE meant back......hmmmmmmmmm

Comment

A few of the Aussie athletes are unliekly to show. Pittman has returned home as has Anlezark. Not sure on Benita Johsnon - she is supposed to be setting herself for the world Half-Marathon Champs in October. I'm sure Markov will be there. Sadly that's all we have...

Comment

This could be a thread in and of itself, but if Oz isn't happy with its represpresentation, what has happened to the once-powerful Germans? What did they get in Paris, something like 2 silvers and two bronzes?

Comment

Patrick Johnson is not qualified for GP final

Comment

For perspective on German WC performance see http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/030901/323/e7ba2.html

For set of links to various countries' post-mortems see this discussion thread: http://pub19.ezboard.com/ftrackstarsfrm ... =265.topic

There're a few nations who may be unhappy with their champs:
                  UK, Kenya, Germany, Finland, US?

And a few who must be rapt:
                  Ethopia, Sweden, Greece?...

Any others for both lists?

Comment

Working...
                  X