Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Godina's DQ

I'm just glad he didn't imitate Drummond and lay down to stop the competition.
    But I guess you don't do that in a steel ball minefield.

Re: Godina's DQ

Too funny. I have said in another thread that I didn't think he fouled
    why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

>I'm just glad he didn't imitate Drummond and lay
      >down to stop the competition.
      But I guess you
      >don't do that in a steel ball minefield.

OR IF YOU REALLY FOULED (besides he wouldn't look as good!)

Comment

I also admire the way he handled the situation. In an interview he said that while it may have been a questionable call by the official, it was his fault because he had thrown poorly on his first 2 efforts and shouldnt have put himself in that position.

Track and field needs more guys like Godina!

Also he wasnt disqualified he just didnt make the finals.

Hunter

Comment

>Track and field needs more
          >guys like Godina!

t&f HAS a bunch of teriffic guys and gals!

Comment

Just remember that Godina was screwed at the World Indoors this year, as well. And he handled that in the same gentlemanly, sportsmanlike way.

This guy is one class act!

Comment

People blame Godina for being too quiet and calm in the circle. I know he's not like Adam Nelson, but the way he wins is awesome, I think he's so focused and when his technique is on he's out of reach for most throwers. I just marvel at his long career and how he still manages to throw far. The interesting thing is that his Pb of 22m came while he was still in college, yet he never has thrown over it in a huge career. Godina is a true sportsman and everyone should look up to him. Course he wouldn't of looked good lying down in the sector alla Drummond, he's more mature than that! The throwers wouldn't of put up with someone acting like a fool, Drummond would of been straight out of the sector when bilonog starts bombing it or Myerscough came to carry him away. I know Drummond was upset, but he should of acted like Godina, dissapointed, but accepting.

Comment

I know Drummond was upset, but he should of
                >acted like Godina, dissapointed, but accepting.

the difference was that john could accept the part HE played in his performance/and he also got to compete ...jon could not because he knew HE did not play a part...he had a fast starter and electronic blocks...arghhhhhhh...sprinters/hurdlers, unlike any other athlete in t&f have a symbiotic relationship with another person/starter for their performance...it's really very different from the other events...

Comment

I'm still with you, Louise.

You familar with the name Len Olson- my coach at Marist College? Had knee surgey September 3, age 70.
                  Peter Van Aken

Comment

Aye are you people South African??????

Comment

hey pete...hip surgery this month for len..i'm in touch with him a lot......and see him at meets....

Comment

>I also admire the way he handled the situation.
                        >In an interview he said that while it may have
                        >been a questionable call by the official, it was
                        >his fault because he had thrown poorly on his
                        >first 2 efforts and shouldnt have put himself in
                        >that position.

Ditto.
                        The image of this guy that stands out in my mind is him at the nationals in Eugene a few years back.
                        Instead of tossing the bouquet of flowers into the stands with great hoopla as pretty much every other event winner had done, Godina quietly walked over to the south fence (ten rows below us)and called a guy holding a little girl of not more than five years old to come closer. He then very gently gave the flowers to the little girl and said a few words to her. She was thrilled and some watching such a big guy be so gentle to this tiny little person were ready to cry.
                        Class act, great representative of the sport in ways both large and small.

Comment

Big Mac, Godina

Godina actually increased his pr by an inch or two in 1999 with a toss of 72'3"

If Godina continues to throw at a high level for another year or two, one would have to consider him as the best of all time. He has thrown at a very high level for a decade and unlike many other great putters he has done so without drug use. Oh, he also throws the disc 230'

Hunter
                          #1 Godina fan

Comment

Re: Big Mac, Godina

>unlike many other
                            >great putters he has done so without drug use.

Some may question how you could truly know Godina's drug-free.
                            Although it's a given that "only his hairdresser knows for sure," I'll help you a bit by reminding people he's a big boy from Wyoming. Athletes from great outdoors areas in the US tend to be more like third-worlders as far as being naturally strong.
                            Take it from there.

Comment

Godina drug free clarification

Some may question how you
                              >could truly know Godina's drug-free.
                              Although
                              >it's a given that "only his hairdresser knows
                              >for sure," I'll help you a bit by reminding
                              >people he's a big boy from Wyoming. Athletes from
                              >great outdoors areas in the US tend to be more
                              >like third-worlders as far as being naturally
                              >strong.
                              Take it from there.

During Godina's long career many of his contemporaries-Barnes, Clavelle, Bagach, Menc, Mikhnevich, Myerscough, have been busted for drugs, some on multiple occasions. This is why I can say with a great deal of confidence that he is clean.
                              H

Comment

Working...
                              X