Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What has Gabe Jennings been doing recently (serious ques

<<I think he's a 3:32-3:33 guy waiting to happen. A knowledgeable coach/manager I spoke with in Paris who has seen Gabe race and train agreed.>>

Maybe.

However, the last two years he has been a 3:45 guy.

Comment

Irrelevant to next year. The guy's got both more talent and heart than Lunn. I will give props to Lunn for finally racing more aggressively in the second and third laps this year. Used to be he always set himself up to have no chance to win it. Gabe has never been afraid to put himself in the thick of it.

>Maybe.

However, the last two
      >years he has been a 3:45 guy.

Comment

I think Lunn would be more concerned about Krummenacker and Berryhill. However, in sports anything can happen. Maybe Gabe will be back in top form next year.

Comment

http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/genera ... 31004.html

I saw Gabe race today. His stride looked a little longer than I remember. Or maybe it just looked that way because he wasn't with a bunch of milers running 4 minute pace.

I don't think Pete Clusen, the guy in second, knew who he was for most or all of the race. Heard Gabe say Clusen tried to break away two or three times and after the last time Clusen just laughed. Maybe he'd started hearing people yelling Gabe's name and figured out who he was.

The time's probably a little better than it sounds. Pretty tough course, and only 2 secs off what Balkman ran there in 2000, the fall after he was second in the NCAA 10K and ninth in the Trials. The guy who won Presidio last year in a slower time recently ran 2:21, I think, in the Maui Marathon all by himself, winning by 15 minutes or so.

Comment

That can't be Gabe! He has a normal haircut!

Comment

Maybe Gabe should shoot for a sub-4 minute mile before the year is out. That would be a good starting point.

Comment

Check out that stride! Must be at least 5 feet!

Comment

Gabe

Comment

hey, Pete Clusener, the guy Gabe beat in xc last weekend was 5th American at the Chicago Marathon. He ran 2:19 and beat Dan Browne.

Comment

After work today I found a cool running store. In the shop there was a poster of Tim Broe and Gabe Jennings. I guess young runners still look up to runners like Gebe. This store is visited frequently by the local high school cross country team.

Wouldn't it be amazing if Gabe pulled off a 3:33 in the trials. He would have the last laugh then.

Gabe's pr for the mile is virtually identical to what Lassiter and Krummenacker have run. However, Gabe has not come close to their 1500 meter times. Besides Krummenacker is known to hate running the mile.

Comment

gabe raced again this weekend at a 10K in durango, colorado. he won by 3 minutes (no competition) in 31:09. race finished at 6500 ft altitude but started at over 6800, so the altitude hurt and the 300ft drop helped. i think he's just using these road races to ease back into competition.

Comment

I'm not sure what to think about Gabe. Admittedly, there's a part of me that wants to see him FAIL this year just because of the bike-trip-to-Brazil nonsense. Ya know?

Comment

It is hard to judge where Gabe is after winning these puff-ball races. Still, it is a good start.
                            I would be interested to know when he gets in sub-4 condition.
                            I am sure he will run at least a few indoor 1500 meter races.

Comment

I don't know, or understand. Why would you ever want to see a talented athlete fail just for living his life as he chooses, as long as he's not hurting anyone else?

>I'm not sure what to think about Gabe.
                              >Admittedly, there's a part of me that wants to
                              >see him FAIL this year just because of the
                              >bike-trip-to-Brazil nonsense. Ya know?

Comment

It wouldn't be that amazing... I've said it for months and have been ridiculed for it. Since he went to S America, I have always mantained that if Gabe comes back to running he will not only win the trials, but run very fast (i.e. 3:33ish). He lost not as much fitness as people think while biking and he's the most talented American we have.

Comment

Working...
                                X