Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The good old days.

For those of you in the San Francisco Bay Area, Gabe plans to run the Pacific Association Cross champs on Sunday, November 23 in Golden Gate Park. Always a great race, it'll be even better with Gabe's presence. Many of the Farm Teamers will be there, as well as other top area runners. The 6-mile race is on a 2-mile loop, with several excellent spectating spots.

Comment

<Scott's 3:35 at age 35 is very good but he was not a Master. Master's are 40 and over.>

Maybe, but it is listed on the master's website.

Comment

I assume everytime EL. G runs a race he will break 4. The question is will be run at least 136 races during his career.
        It seems to me each time EL. G runs his time is almost always under 3:53. He already has the record for most sub 3:50 miles run.

Comment

<Scott's 3:35 at age 35 is very good but he was not a Master. Master's are 40 and over.>

I believe 35 and over is considered masters for T&F in the U.S. for record purposes. Swimming may be the same. T&F may define masters differently than road racers.

Comment

If Scott were around today at 35 he would have a good chance of making the Olympic team. I wonder when Scott run his last sub 4 mile.

I bet you with the right training Steve Holman could break 4 within 6 months. The guy run a 2:30 marathon with very little training. That tells me the talent is still there.

Scott said recently if he trained today he could probably run around 4:15 - 4:20 for the mile.

Comment

Scott's last sub-4 (#137) was an indoor 3:59.88 in Los Angeles at age 36 (2/20/1993). See the Sub 4 Chronicle web site at http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~rsparks/sub4.htm for interesting stats along these lines.

Comment

Re: What has Gabe Jennings been doing recently (serious ques

Smoking out of a bong and touring Mexico looking for cheap dope, certainly not training or for that matter eating from looks of what I have seen.....

Comment

Working...
                X