Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: What has Gabe Jennings been doing recently (serious ques

Smoking out of a bong and touring Mexico looking for cheap dope, certainly not training or for that matter eating from looks of what I have seen.....

Leave a comment:

• Bob Duncan
    replied
    Re: The good old days.

Scott's last sub-4 (#137) was an indoor 3:59.88 in Los Angeles at age 36 (2/20/1993). See the Sub 4 Chronicle web site at http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~rsparks/sub4.htm for interesting stats along these lines.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

If Scott were around today at 35 he would have a good chance of making the Olympic team. I wonder when Scott run his last sub 4 mile.

I bet you with the right training Steve Holman could break 4 within 6 months. The guy run a 2:30 marathon with very little training. That tells me the talent is still there.

Scott said recently if he trained today he could probably run around 4:15 - 4:20 for the mile.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

<Scott's 3:35 at age 35 is very good but he was not a Master. Master's are 40 and over.>

I believe 35 and over is considered masters for T&F in the U.S. for record purposes. Swimming may be the same. T&F may define masters differently than road racers.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I assume everytime EL. G runs a race he will break 4. The question is will be run at least 136 races during his career.
    It seems to me each time EL. G runs his time is almost always under 3:53. He already has the record for most sub 3:50 miles run.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

<Scott's 3:35 at age 35 is very good but he was not a Master. Master's are 40 and over.>

Maybe, but it is listed on the master's website.

Leave a comment:

• dl
    replied

For those of you in the San Francisco Bay Area, Gabe plans to run the Pacific Association Cross champs on Sunday, November 23 in Golden Gate Park. Always a great race, it'll be even better with Gabe's presence. Many of the Farm Teamers will be there, as well as other top area runners. The 6-mile race is on a 2-mile loop, with several excellent spectating spots.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Scott's 3:35 at age 35 is very good but he was not a Master. Master's are 40 and over.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

>Malibu Barbie, I thought you were from
    >California. Fraud. That's CAL STATE San Marcos.

Vahtever! Just show me sahm hot leettul college ladies to grope!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Malibu Barbie, I thought you were from California. Fraud. That's CAL STATE San Marcos.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

>Put all his sub four minute miles together and
    >Scott has run a sub four pace for 136
    >miles.

Thanks for doing the math, I was struggling trying to come up with what exactly 136 sub-4 miles would come out as in summation.

Where is Scott coaching
    >today?

UC-San Marcos

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Put all his sub four minute miles together and Scott has run a sub four pace for 136 miles.

Scott is not the best miler in history, but he is probably the most consistent. Many runners go through their entire career just breaking 4 once. Scott did it 136 times. We now take the 4 minute mile for granted because of runners like Scott.

Scott ran a 3:35 1500meters at 35 to set a US msster's record.

I am glad Scott made the track and field hall of fame.

Where is Scott coaching today?

Leave a comment:

• MJD
    replied

>El G.
    >won't ever get enough mile races to break Steve
    >Scott's record. Since 1997, he has run only 20
    >mile races, 16 under 3:50 and 4 above, the
    >slowest being 3;50.89 from Pre in 2002.

How many 1500s has he run?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: Gabe just Good.

<<El G. won't ever get enough mile races to break Steve Scott's record. Since 1997, he has run only 20 mile races, 16 under 3:50 and 4 above, the slowest being 3;50.89 from Pre in 2002.>>

If this is so Steve Scott will remain the only US distance runner with a world record.
    This means just about ever race Scott ran he broke 4. It helps when you run against athletes like Coe, Cram, Maree, Spivey, and Walker

Leave a comment:

• MJD
    replied
    Re: Gabe just Good.

For interests sake, 13:44 Merciers
    >out to 1:03:56.

The flipside to that is that a 66:32 merciers out to a 4:09.72.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X