Veronica Campbell JAM
    Lisa Barber USA
    Aleen Bailey JAM
    Ashley Owens USA
    Torri Edwards USA
    Angela Williams USA
    LaTasha Colander USA
    Muna Lee USA

Veronica Campbell was the winner last year in 10.96 after a pathetic start. Her season seems to be off to a slow start this year with 2 losses at 200m(Commonwealth Games and Jamaican Invitational).

And again, even though she is the Olympic Champion at 200m, she seems to have gotten slower at 200m and faster at 100m in the past two years since the Olympic Games. She is currently the #1 ranked 100m runner based on T & F News rankings last year. She only lost one 100m race all of last year. She just finished her last semester in college this past week so it will be interesting to see how much better she gets over the next couple of years being a "full time" professional athlete.

They haven't announced a womens 100m lineup for the Pre-classic yet but the following lineup would be a killer lineup

Veronica Campbell
    Lauryin Williams
    Allyson Felix
    Marion Jones
    Lisa Barber
    Torri Edwards
    Sherone Simpson
    Christina Arron

Now, what's the possibily of that lineup in Eugene? Very little.

Probably in Zurich or other Golden League meets this summer though.

Comment

I think the Mens 200 and the Mens 400 will be very interesting races to watch, particularly the quarter. Here's the lineup:

Andrew Rock USA
      Jerry Harris USA
      Jamel Ashley USA
      Otis Harris USA
      John Steffensen AUS
      Darold Williamson USA
      Michael Blackwood JAM
      Jermaine Gonzalez JAM

That's a pretty legit field, even with Pook running the 2. I've been flopping about who I think is going to take it, but I can certainly see a sweep in the works. Pressed, I'd still think I'd take Darold, with Rock a close second.

Comment

This early in the season I take Steffenson over Rock and Williamson.

In the 2 I take Spearmon then Wariner. I think because of Spearmon being in the mix Wariner will put up a good time, 20.1x

Comment

Rock beat Gonzalez by .01 in Kgn on 6/5/06 Gonzalez was actually catching Rock and is a dark horse for this esp. if he gets an outer lane, has PRed from lane 7 in his last two races
          why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

Is Steffensen running?

I can't see John Steffensen's name on the 400m startlist here:

Is he out or in?

Comment

Originally posted by jammin
              They haven't announced a womens 100m lineup for the Pre-classic yet but the following lineup would be a killer lineup

Veronica Campbell
              Lauryin Williams
              Allyson Felix
              Marion Jones
              Lisa Barber
              Torri Edwards
              Sherone Simpson
              Christina Arron

And add Nesterenko and Sturrup than that would be a top line-up.

The women's 100mH looks interesting. You have the last 3 world champions (Kirkland, Felicien, Perry) and the Olympic champion Hayes.
              http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

Re: Is Steffensen running?

Originally posted by AS
                I can't see John Steffensen's name on the 400m startlist here:

Is he out or in?
                Heck I don' know --on there web-site under news headlines 5/11/06 he was in there line up.

??????

Comment

Originally posted by nevetsllim

Veronica Campbell
                  Lauryin Williams
                  Allyson Felix
                  Marion Jones
                  Lisa Barber
                  Torri Edwards
                  Sherone Simpson
                  Christina Arron

And add Nesterenko and Sturrup than that would be a top line-up

The women's 100mH looks interesting. You have the last 3 world champions (Kirkland, Felicien, Perry) and the Olympic champion Hayes.
                  I need to see Sturrupp and Nesterenko run first before I add them to my list.

Comment

here is hoping that Otis Harris is ready to regain his 04 form... otherwise Ill favor Williamson to win the 400 with 3 others close behind...

for the 200 hard to imagine anyone able to challenge Spearmon...
                    ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Why does the website intro say "Starring... Maurice Greene!", when Greene is nowhere to be seen on the entry list?

Intro: http://www.adidastrackclassic.com/

Entries: http://www.adidastrackclassic.com/2006/athletes.htm

Comment

Originally posted by JRM
                        Why does the website intro say "Starring... Maurice Greene!", when Greene is nowhere to be seen on the entry list?
                        Same thing with Allyson Felix.

Comment

Both Felix and Greene were the object of meet press releses in April noting that they would be highlighting the meet. Strange indeed. Since this is adidas's meet, one would suspect that if they're not running it's because they're hurt in some fashion. Shoe companies don't cough up sponsorship money without expecting to see some kind of return on their investment.

Comment

Veronica Campbell
                            Lauryin Williams
                            Allyson Felix
                            Marion Jones
                            Lisa Barber
                            Torri Edwards
                            Sherone Simpson
                            Christina Arron

Although I would have loved to seen MJ in the lineup, I'll be looking to see how Edwards does against the field -- Especially since she was soundly beaten by Jones in Mexico. Yes, far from scientific, but what else can ya do....

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                              Both Felix and Greene were the object of meet press releses in April noting that they would be highlighting the meet. Strange indeed. Since this is adidas's meet, one would suspect that if they're not running it's because they're hurt in some fashion. Shoe companies don't cough up sponsorship money without expecting to see some kind of return on their investment.

According to the IAAF website:

Ana Guevara pulled out of the women’s 400m Thursday because of an infected tooth according to meet organizers. Maurice Greene (sore foot), Allyson Felix (sore hamstring) and Marla Runyan (ankle sprain) have also withdrawn.

Comment

Working...
                              X