Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double NCAA champs for Texas?

I know I shouldn't jinx by even mentioning it, but I'm pretty excited at the thought that the Longhorns could actually sweep both the men's and women's NCAAs after what Brian Robison did this weekend. (If you missed it, he popped off a 68-footer in the shot.) If he does that in Sacto -- and especially if Dix's hamstring doesn't hold up -- it's certainly a possibility.

And no, I'm not hoping for a Dix injury; jeez, how much bad karma would that bring on me? (And in fact, there are some questions about Jamaal Charles' hammy.) I'm just saying it's a realistic scenario.

What would really make me happy is for Dix to be in perfect health, kick some butt in the 100, and we win anyway. Kind of like what we did to USC in football. :-)

(Okay, now that I've wished for it, watch us get DQed for putting tennis balls on the track or something.)
    "Run fast and keep turning left."

Hmm, looks like trackwire.com is taken by this notion than I am. They picked Texas to pick up points from Robison but lose them elsewhere, and picked Fl State to jump up 12 points.

Comment

is that more taken or less taken?

Comment

whoops, that would be LESS. Every writer needs an editor.

Comment

Hint: You're not going to be enamoured of the updated picks we post on the front page later today either!

Comment

That's okay. I figured it was a faint hope, at best. Gone the way of most of my fantasies. ;-)

Comment

Working...
            X