Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big PR for Texas' Robison

University of Texas thrower Brian Robison got off a 20.81 (68-3.25) in the shot at the Big 12 meet. He apparently had a 70-footer on his final throw but couldn't keep his balance in the ring.

Don't know how much he'll pursue track since he's a starting DE on Texas' football team, but that's a pretty decent throw.

You mean WAS a starting DE. He's done with football eligibility and I assume graduating this semester. He did not get drafted by an NFL team (which says something about the NFL's standards, because he was pretty good), so maybe he'll give track some serious thought. My guess is he'll take a crack at football first -- an NFL benchwarmer's starting pay is probably still well ahead of even the higher-profile track star's (ask Adam Nelson).
    "Run fast and keep turning left."

Comment

I believe his track eligibilty is up after this outdoor season, but he's got one more year of football left.

Comment

Yes, you're right. Glad to see it, actually -- now that Vince Young is gone, we'll need all the good players we can get!

Comment

Yeah, just don't throw a test at him. Doh! Sorry, low blow. I'm a Sooner at heart :twisted:
          If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

Haven't seen his full series yet, but ignoring any en route PRs he might have had, overall it's a new best by more than a meter (!). From 64-7 3/4 19.70.

Comment

Originally posted by Dietmar239
              Yeah, just don't throw a test at him. Doh! Sorry, low blow. I'm a Sooner at heart
              As I've pointed out to others who have made fun of the 6 on the Wonderlic: When VY was taking the test that mattered most, he had some better numbers: 200, 267, and 41. :-)

Comment

I know, just giving you a hard time buddy.
                If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

I know; that's supposed to be a smiley on the end, but this website's emoticons haven't been working for a while now.

Comment

Okay, Dietmar, my turn to razz you: My double-sport thrower kicked your double-sport thrower's butt:

Big 12 shot:
                    1 Brian Robison Texas 20.81m
                    2 Sheldon Battle Kansas 18.92m
                    3 Kevin Bookout Oklahoma 18.67m

Big 12 discus:

1 Brian Robison Texas 59.68m
                    9 Kevin Bookout Oklahoma 52.02m

Heh-heh.

Comment

Working...
                    X