• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Walt Murphy
    • Oct 2005

Re: Track and WHAT????

Originally posted by The Kitchen Cynic
    Take a look at the list of events at Sunday's Adidas Track Classic. http://www.adidastrackclassic.com/2006/ ... esults.htm

There is exactly ONE field event. And apparently, the organization that calls itself USA Track and Field has not only sanctioned this meet, but is heavily involved in its promotion.

Last year there were five field events at the same meet.

I don't think any further comment is required.
    The Pre Classic will more than make up for the shortfall at the adidas meet

Comment

• bad hammy
      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by bekeselassie
      Originally posted by bad hammy
      Funny, as a competitor I was a middle distance runner, but as a fan I have gravitated towards the more technical events, which means hurdles and field events. I have a relatively hard time watching any race over four laps, and even most of the four lappers are dull.
      Heretic!!
      Fine, burn me at the stake! The fire can be set using a bunch of old smelly spikes worn by a bunch of boring, sit and kick middle distance runners. I'll put myself to sleep before I die by watching a bunch of guys run a 10k.

Comment

• figo
        • Apr 2006

Re: Track and WHAT????

Originally posted by The Kitchen Cynic
        Take a look at the list of events at Sunday's Adidas Track Classic. http://www.adidastrackclassic.com/2006/ ... esults.htm

There is exactly ONE field event. And apparently, the organization that calls itself USA Track and Field has not only sanctioned this meet, but is heavily involved in its promotion.

Last year there were five field events at the same meet.

I don't think any further comment is required.
        You have a good point. What bugs me about track is that there are sometimes several events going on at the same time. I'd like to focus on the one thing thanks very much.
        Also at the olympics they should get rid of most of the events like shooting, fencing, sailing, confine it to the sports that most everyone has participated in at one time or another. I'd like to watch say a 10,000 m heat all the way not the last few laps and things like that ....because there are too many sports to cover.........
        Why should I watch the semi-final of women's lawn bowling while wondering how my 10K guy is doing... just too annoying.

Comment

• figo
          • Apr 2006

[quote=bad hammy]
          Originally posted by bekeselassie
          Originally posted by "bad hammy":3vfd5q0o
          Funny, as a competitor I was a middle distance runner, but as a fan I have gravitated towards the more technical events, which means hurdles and field events. I have a relatively hard time watching any race over four laps, and even most of the four lappers are dull.
          Heretic!!
          Fine, burn me at the stake! The fire can be set using a bunch of old smelly spikes worn by a bunch of boring, sit and kick middle distance runners. I'll put myself to sleep before I die by watching a bunch of guys run a 10k.[/quote:3vfd5q0o]

I see your point. That's why Web is fun (you don't know what he's going to do). Maybe in races they can make the winner the one who "wins" the most laps - a photo after each lap to show who's the winner and then say bonus points for "winning" the last lap.
          Give the $$$ out this way.
          This way you penalize the drafter.
          For the 5 K maybe this....

Laps 1-3 = 1 point
          Laps 3-8 = 2 points
          Laps 9-12 = 3 points
          Wins = 6 points.
          Second = 4
          Third = 2
          Fourth = 1

I'm not quite sure what would happen or if it would result in madness but no snooze fest I'd hazard a guess.

Think about it...

Comment

Working...
          X