Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SI article on Gatlin

2-page photo spread, followed by a good 2-page article (by Tim Layden, one of their A-list writers). Obviously written before the timing flap, the article finds a nice balance beween the Good News and the B(ALCO)ad News. The pull-out quote is: "If I ever tested positive or went down in some scandal that would be one of the hardest hits the sport could take," which he acknowledges SOUNDS self-absorbed, but is, of course, true.
    The article concludes by saying that July 3 in Athens is the SOONEST he and Powell could meet. Does Gateshead know that?

July in Athens would seem to be perfect!

Comment

Sorry to disagree about the good balance, but my first thought when I saw it was "Why the hell do they have to mention drugs at all" in the article? Why can't the non-T&F media just report on a WR and not drag in the drug issue? If it was an athlete already under a cloud of suspicion, like MJ, I could understand it, but Gatlin? Leave it alone for once.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay
        Sorry to disagree about the good balance, but my first thought when I saw it was "Why the hell do they have to mention drugs at all" in the article? Why can't the non-T&F media just report on a WR and not drag in the drug issue? If it was an athlete already under a cloud of suspicion, like MJ, I could understand it, but Gatlin? Leave it alone for once.
        If you want no mention of BALCO in a story in the American media, you have the wrong sport, and Gatlin has the wrong coach.

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
          Originally posted by DrJay
          If you want no mention of BALCO in a story in the American media, you have the wrong sport, and Gatlin has the wrong coach.
          That last point is a bit of a problem, I know.

Comment

Working...
          X