• Show
Clear All

• How Fasuba went looking for a Coach

http://www.iaaf.org/community/forums/Li ... icID=17508

wowwwwwwwwwww

DID U GUYS READ THAT?????

where is WADA PLS??????

Comment

hmm. not so helpful to the "doha wind gauge was broken" theories. i hope he didn't go any further than those message board inquiries because i still want to believe his great story about overcoming adversity.

Comment

Fasuba cought????

I don t get it what is going on.....
        was Fasuba the guy on the steroid forum or not??
        If yes,,,,why nobody is doing anything???????????????????

Comment

it seems obvious that it is the same person.

He posted on anabolic-review in jan 04 didnt he - can anyone see an improvement curve between then and athens olympics (where he won bronze in the relay)?

we all know the steep improvement curve he has had recently...

whether he is on or off something, we wont know, and probably never will - BUT, from experience and knowledge, a lot of the time this occurs without the knowledge of the coach. and is going on behind closed doors where the coach isnt going to do anything. of course, there are instances where the coach is administiring the stuff themselves...

whether he was just obtaining info at the time - bad luck, injuries, desperate times etc... or went through with anything, or if he was, who knows if he still is. a lot of speculation... just ads to the controversy of the doha race really: timing issues, wind issues, we can add drug issue to it as well now!

Comment

Well if he is that much of a donk posting about obtaining PED's it's a matter of time before he is caught(unless he is on another Balco type steroid).........

Comment

If it was indeed him, I'm sure he was just taking a que from most posters on these boards. Most people here seem to think that drugs (especially of the anabolic kind) will instantly shave off a few tents of your 100 meter time.

In these internet-times is it such a wonder that young and promising athletes check out "drug-boards" to see if this and other myths holds true? It's a question of keeping they're options open. Of course in the old days you would just ask your coach or older teammates...

Comment

Re: Fasuba cought????

Originally posted by jumplove
                I don t get it what is going on.....
                was Fasuba the guy on the steroid forum or not??
                If yes,,,,why nobody is doing anything???????????????????
                Maybe it's because IAAF rules have no provision against posting on internet forums?
                Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

More interesting is that TFN user and friend, Pierre Jean, is his 'advisor'
                  "If Gaby worked as hard with the weights as she did with her tongue she'd have a different concept of beauty. To get performances like mine, she'd have to sacrifice some of her good looks. The women of the west dont work as hard as we do" JK

Comment

My friends know my feeling concerning drugs...

Nobody knows if it's actually Fasuba or not who posted his the anabolic forum, anyway the profile on the site said 1.70m 79kg, while he is actually 1.75-1.76m and around 75kg, and knowledge on bodybuilding "a lot", while he struggles to bench press his body weight. And this person posted on January 2004 (!).

Nigerians have a bad reputation concerning drugs, so it's easy for haters to jump on it, but all the positives from this country were during the nineties, now it is a new generation of athletes with other mentality. The positive tests found in Nigeria in the recent years come from athletes who are not even in the national team, they are youngsters who get influenced by the bodybuilders who wants to sell their shit.

Furthermore, Fasuba has been tested 5 times this year, including after the zilver in medal in Melbourne and after the African Record in Doha. Anyway i know people don't trust much anti-doping controls since negative can hide undetectable substances and positive can hide sabotage, if we read the news on the various scandals for the past decades. So you just have to believe it or leave it. End of the story.

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre-Jean
                      Nobody knows if it's actually Fasuba or not who posted his the anabolic forum
                      What are the chances of two Nigerian sprinters of similar build posting under the same name on two messageboards within a few months of each other? Come off it...

The positive tests found in Nigeria in the recent years come from athletes who are not even in the national team, they are youngsters who get influenced by the bodybuilders who wants to sell their shit.
                      Fasuba was a young, impressionable 19-year-old when he posted that message in Jan 2004...

My friends know my feeling concerning drugs
                      On that point, I agree with you. But how do you keep an eye on him when he's all the way out in Germany by himself?

Comment

For what it's worth, Fasuba doesn't have the physique one would associate with steroid taking.

Comment

Originally posted by Powell
                          For what it's worth, Fasuba doesn't have the physique one would associate with steroid taking.
                          Neither did Tim Montgomery
                          / Spread your wings and fly high /

Comment

Originally posted by Fly High
                            Not in the earlier years of his career, but by 2002 he looked very different: http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2005/12/ ... x454,2.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Fly High
                              Not in the earlier years of his career, but by 2002 he looked very different: http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2005/12/ ... x454,2.jpg
                              Compared to:
                              http://www.iaaf.org/MultimediaFiles/Pho ... 0XH400.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X