Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Contest!

This one won't have quite the stretched-out drama of the World Champs contest, coming as it will over the space of just 2 days instead of 9, but tomorrow (Thursday) we'll post entry forms for a GP Final (or as the IAAF persists on calling it, "World Athletics Final") contest.

It'll be in the same format as the Paris one. You'll have a list of names from which to choose (the latest start list from the IAAF) and you have to pick 15 winners. Yeah, Paris was 20, but there are 11 WC events missing from Monaco this weekend.

For those of you who didn't play the first time around, it's not so simple as picking winners, which is easy. Well, "easy." You have to pick your 15 in order of importance. Details tomorrow. Look for the form to be up on the front page by noon, PDT.

And the WC one was such a success, we'll even toss in a free year's subscription for the winner(s).

Enjoy!

Re: New Contest!

"we'll even toss in a free year's subscription for the winner(s)."

Wow, think you can afford that big a prize? Since you obviously have too much Scottish blood in you, at least put the winner on the cover, standing next to his/her favorite athlete in some fetching pose. I pick Stacy Dragila.

Comment

>at least put the
      >winner on the cover, standing next to his/her
      >favorite athlete in some fetching pose. I pick
      >Stacy Dragila.

...and I pick Jackie Joyner-Kersee :-)
      What about if the winner is a non-US resident..? Do they still get a free subscription? (Does your budget stretch that far?!).

Remember the contest on http://www.athleticslinks.com - plain old simple prediction contest. Pick the medallists and score points for doing so!

Comment

What about if the winner is a non-US
        >resident..? Do they still get a free
        >subscription? (Does your budget stretch that
        >far?!).

I'd like to know that too... and it'll be even more expensive for T&FN if I win than if Jon does :-D
        Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

you guys are being asses. there's a contest for your enjoyment and a prize for the winner. the first comments are negative crap. and since Dan and Lee and others drubbed you in the first online contest I don't know why your sorry butts are even worried about a prize.

Comment

Dear what,
            It's called 'humor.' You should get some - it seems to be a foreign concept to you.

Comment

I'm talking smack.

Comment

Hey, they will actually save a lot of money if Dan Lilot wins again ;-) And I forgot to mention that I'd choose to be on the cover with Carolina Kluft :-)

Comment

Well given that I won 100 Euros on another website for a WCh prediction contest, I was just pre-warning TFN :-P

And tafnut was right - was just a bit of humour...

Comment

...and given that I beat Jon in yet another WCh prediction contest... etc.

Comment

>...and given that I beat Jon in yet another WCh
                      >prediction contest... etc.

HAHA!! And given that we beat 60+ other people in said contest........

Comment

That's great! I was just thinking how much fun that was.

Comment

The contest is up and running. Entries are now open. For details go to http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/tfn/co ... /index.jsp

Enjoy!

Comment

Those rules are discriminatory and unfair!

Comment

>Hey, they will actually save a lot of money if
                              >Dan Lilot wins again ;-)

I am assuming that now that there is actually something on the line that employees and relatives of same of TFN are not eligible to win? Isn't that how they do it in cereal contests?

Comment

Working...
                              X