Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Worst Rule In Field?

Measuring the long throws to the low centmeter instead of the low even centimeter ... come on ... they do not mark it that well.

Comment

Re: The Worst Rule In Track?

>Actually all the fastest 400's have been run in
      >lanes 1 and 2, sometimes both! That's where all
      >the 4x400 legs are run. Doesn't seem to bother
      >them.

I believe T&FN uses 0.7 as rule of thumb for the running start. MJ's flat 400 is (far) better than his best relay split using that protocol.

Comment

Re: The Worst Rule In Field?

Has anyone ever presented the idea of making the 400 a one turn stagger only? If we could get beyond the initial fear that times would suffer, it could possibly be one of the most exciting rules changes in a long while. What do you think?

Comment

I hate the three-heat semi but it does suggest an easy seeding solution for the 200 final: Give the three winners lanes 4,5, and 6 in the final, give the three runners-ups lanes 3, 7, and 8, and give the two time qualifiers lanes 1 and 2.

Comment

(Excuse this illiterate post; I seem to have misplaced my meds)

MEET DIRECTORS ALLOWING DRUG STARS IN THEIR MEETS WITH RAISED, FRAUDULENTLY OBTAINED HEMATOCRITS...

Comment

Re: The Worst Rule In Track?

Agree, 200 m indoor , "Downhill", is the most unfair event.
              Though I do not understand a lot of the posts here, people talking about lane 2,3 and 8...???..How many tracks have EIGHT lanes INDOOR??
              Tell me one...

Most of the best "results" 200 m indoor is from lane six (out of six lanes). Why? You start on the highest point, in the curve and the difference to the finish line is 1-1,5 yards in height.

Just two out of uncountable examples: World records: Frankie Fredricks 19.92- Lievin, 1996- Lane 6
              Marlene Ottey 21.87 - Lievin - 1993 - Lane 6

Comment

Working...
              X