Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kapachinskaya returns this w/e..?

Kapachinskaya is down as running for her Moscow club in this weekends European Clubs Cup, according to european-athletics.org

If this is true this looks to be her first race since her ban ended.
    Natalya Nazarova and Yulia Guschina, amongst others, are down to open their season here too.
    "If Gaby worked as hard with the weights as she did with her tongue she'd have a different concept of beauty. To get performances like mine, she'd have to sacrifice some of her good looks. The women of the west dont work as hard as we do" JK

She'll also be running in Bydgoszcz on 1 June (it's gonna be a pretty good meet, too - the preview should be on the IAAF site soon)
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by Powell
      She'll also be running in Bydgoszcz on 1 June (it's gonna be a pretty good meet, too - the preview should be on the IAAF site soon)
      Interesting to see how she'll fit in this year. Guschina has shown she can be a force over 200m, but there are too many other Russians in the 400m, so I expect she'll stick with the half lap. I dont know why Pospelova doesnt drop to the 200m too, she has excellent speed.

The russian women this w/e...

Women

ANTONOVA Aleksandra — 100m Hurdles
      CHERNOVA Lada — Javelin
      GUSHCHINA Yuliya — 200m
      ISAKOVA Yevgenia — 400m Hurdles
      IVANOVA Lybov — 3000m Steeple
      KAPACHINSKAYA Anastasiya — 4x400m
      KIRYASHOVA Aleksandra — Pole Vault
      KISLOVA Marina — 100m
      KOMYAGINA Olga — 3000m
      KUZEKMAYEVA Olga — 4x100m
      LEVINA Tatyana — 4x100m
      NAZAROVA Natalya — 400m
      PRIYMA Yelena — Hammer
      PYATYKH Anna — Triple Jump
      RAKHIMKULOVA Regina — 5000m
      RYABINKINA Olga — Shot Put
      SHAPAYEVA Maria — 1500m, 800m
      SHKOLINA Svetlana — High Jump
      UDMURTOVA Oksana — Long Jump
      YESIPCHUK Oksana — Discus
      ZADORINA Kseniya — 4x400m
      "If Gaby worked as hard with the weights as she did with her tongue she'd have a different concept of beauty. To get performances like mine, she'd have to sacrifice some of her good looks. The women of the west dont work as hard as we do" JK

Comment

So I suppose Bydgoszcz will be Kapachinskaya's first individual race... She'll be doing the 200, and the field will also include Gushchina and Ionela Manolache.
        Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by Powell
          So I suppose Bydgoszcz will be Kapachinskaya's first individual race... She'll be doing the 200, and the field will also include Gushchina and Ionela Manolache.
          Sure will. You'd expect Guschina to be the favourite, after a solid indoor season. Manolache has run poorly thus far in the States over that distance. If the Moscow selectors have faith in Kapachinskaya she must be going okay in training.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrea_T
            If the Moscow selectors have faith in Kapachinskaya she must be going okay in training.
            Her training was going quite well as of a couple of months ago at least. I posted a couple of excerpts from an interview in another thread awhile back. They're here if you're interested.

Comment

Thanks Bruce. If she was running a hand timed 22.7 in training then she is indeed in good form.

Interesting to compare the current crop of Russian women 200/400 sprinters. Perhaps Pospelova and Zykina should consider dropping to 200.

Pospelova
              100 - 11.32
              200 - 22.39
              400 - 49.80

Kapachinskaya
              200 - 22.38
              300 - 36.61
              400 - 50.59

Antyukh
              200 - 22.75
              400 - 49.85
              400mh - 58.30

Nazarova
              200 - 23.10
              300 - 37.16
              400 - 49.68

Krasnomovets
              200 - 23.09
              400 - 50.19 (50.04 i)

Guschina
              100 - 11.50
              200 - 22.62
              400 - 51.26

Zaitseva
              200 - 23.04
              400 - 50.06

Zykina
              200 - 22.55
              400 - 50.73

Comment

Working...
              X