Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scheuerman Rockymountain Athlete of the Year....

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scheuerman Rockymountain Athlete of the Year....

Scheuerman was name the Rockymountain Athlete of the Year....this kind of piggy backs the other stuff that was already said about his guy. The link is below.

http://rockymountaintrack.com/

What univ is he going to sign with? ..I am curious and I hope this great kid will go somewhere where he can be nurtured in a world level athlete.
    Any rumors?

Comment

Was an early signer with Baylor

Comment

What you people think...Was that the best road he could take? Could he had it better than Baylor? Would Clyde have time for him considering his priorities,his age,etc?--because I really believe a kid like this one needs a little personal touch nurturing and pampering........and I doubt he ll get that at now a days Baylor ....

Comment

Originally posted by jumplove
          What you people think..-because I really believe a kid like this one needs a little personal touch nurturing and pampering..........
          sounds kind of wierd...are you suggesting he is not mentally ready for a university...
          ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

I don't know what his personal needs are beyond the usual, but I imagine at a big time 400m program like Baylor, it's possible he could become just another athlete among many.
            But Baylor definitely has the track record for turning out top 400m guys.

A good alternative would have been Minnesota. They keep taking no name recruits and shoot them to the top of the university lists - Tom Gerding, Adam Steele, Mitch Potter, and this year Aaron Buzard.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksf
              I don't know what his personal needs are beyond the usual, but I imagine at a big time 400m program like Baylor, it's possible he could become just another athlete among many..

well he is just another athlete among many... my point was that it is insulting to suggest that he needs a special needs programe to succeed.. . if he needs anything special he is bound to fail in any program... there is no substitute for mental toughness.
              ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Paul the fan I don t want to be insulting but track and field is not the army or the boot camp.
                Young kids need attention to turn into real stars, and I don t believe they should be treated as bussiness. From what I know 3 amazing 400 Olympic level runners at the cost at around other 100 high school studs dissapearing from the track and field map is NOT an amazing result when coaching "toughness" is the mentality.
                It is nothing wrong with individualized practices, with periodical checkings, etc. Will Clyde have time for all these things considering his age and his priorities??Will he have time to individualize a practice for this young amazing kid??? Or if he s not tough or the practice will not accomodate his qualities a coach shiould just give up on him, because there are another handfull of highschool studs signing with them next year????

I will just say one thing- from my NCAA experience if this kid would have been my son, and I could have decision power where he ll go, I believe I would have choose something else, or send him to Baylor after I make sure Coach Clyde will give him the deserved attention a raw talent deserves.
                These are just my opinions, I don t have anything or had anything to do with the parts involved...wish all of them good luck....however I ll have my eyes on this kid and he better run 10;30 20.80 and 45.9 soon jk...but yes I do have high expectations

Comment

Clarification on JT's times. He has gone a winding 10.39 (3.0w) and 10.45 (0.0w), a wind going the wrong way 20.74 (-2.6) and 46.23 this past weekend.

His decision to go to Baylor was because he has been doing a very similar program for the last 3 years. He knew that if he got the offer from Baylor that he was looking for he would take it, and after visiting he fell in love with it. The attention that he has got from Coach Ford, Coach Harbour, and even Clyde has been great over the last 9 months. He easily gets a call a week even after he signed with them. I would imagine they will give him all that he needs and more down in Waco...he is pretty low key anyway...very, very easy to coach and deal with.
                  If Clyde took the active role in this kid it would be great, but if it is Coach Ford that will still lead to greatness I believe, knowing both JT and Ford.

I am biased because I ran at Baylor, but never pressured JT to go there at all, I gave him the facts of every program I knew that would probably be a good fit and even told him some of my negative experiences from Baylor...he made the decision off what he felt was the best choise for him.

I would imagine we will see great things out of him this summer and in the next coupld of years!

Comment

Well those times are giving this kid a better talent than JW then...
                    WOW...
                    AMAZING

Comment

Originally posted by jumplove
                      Well those times are giving this kid a better talent than JW then...
                      WOW...
                      AMAZING
                      He's real good, but has a little to do to get where JW was his senior year (20.54 4.0w), 45.6x I believe). He gets that a lot about the JW comparision.

Comment

Working...
                      X