Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backwards Running Records

http://tinyurl.com/ejgra

This article talks about the sport (?) of backwards running. All racewalking and swimming jokes aside, I was pretty surprised by some of the times. I also found this website with a list of records:

http://www.recordholders.org/en/list...s-running.html

Yves Pol (FRA) 160 km Sept 1990, Lyon
    Backwards??? in 24 hours..

and 13.6 for 100m... backwards?

and the 1000 x 100 m Mass Relay...

Eldrick should analyze that one...

Comment

Do they have drug testing?
      Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Tap dancer Bill Robinson used to hold a lot of running backward records.

Comment

If you want to feel burn in your legs and massive tieing up do an all out backwards 400 or 800. We used to have a backwards 400m competition at the end of track, I think my best was in the mid 80's (86? maybe)
          http://www.ScienceofRunning.com

Comment

I never saw any (informal) backwards running competition that didn't end up with one party accusing the other of cheating. Even tougher than walk judging to assue that somebody's feet never stray from parallel to the directin of running.

Comment

Originally posted by Powell
              Do they have drug testing?
              Yes -- elite backward running requires the use of drugs -- if testing finds that you participated unimpaired, you are banned for life!
              (Just kidding, of course -- if anyone reading this is an elite backward running participant or aficionado, or a member of the backward running anti-defamation league, please forgive me. I promise never to say anything disparaging about backward running ever again.)

Comment

Originally posted by sjm1368
                If you want to feel burn in your legs and massive tieing up do an all out backwards 400 or 800. We used to have a backwards 400m competition at the end of track, I think my best was in the mid 80's (86? maybe)
                But here's a serious question for sjm1368: Assuming one could do some of this backward running without incurring an injury (eg, either to one's legs, or to one's head when one falls down), would there be any positive training effect that would help normal (ie, forward) running? Not that I'm going to try it -- just wondering.

ps. A backward 86sec 400m is pretty impressive! I'd be happy with one of those going forward, at this point in my life.

Comment

I head that one runner had an unfortunate incident with a hurdle left in his lane. Of course he didn't see it coming (hee hee hee).
                  If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

Working...
                  X