Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High School Wind Aided

For IAAF, a legal wind can be no more than 2.0 meters/second. Is there a uniformly accepted wind allowance for national (or state) high school records?
    WDH

national - 2.0.... state, probably 50 different answers

Comment

Originally posted by gm
      national - 2.0.... state, probably 50 different answers
      Every state has the same: 2.0, but the obvious problem is that few actually pay any attention to the wind. Even if the meet (excluding all but the biggest) has a wind gauge, they rarely submit the readings. I know of many (MANY) marks that make our state list (and presumably T&FN's) that were probably windy, but no reading was submitted. I cannot even begin to imagine HOW Jack Shepard sorts out all the incomplete info for the HS Annual (which, by the way, I got today, thank you very much!). Suffice it to say, the rigor with which the IAAF keeps stats, is not in evidence at the HS level!

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
        I know of many (MANY) marks that make our state list (and presumably T&FN's) that were probably windy
        Not to mention a lot of them probably had uniforms on which were inconsistent with teammates, and some of them even had jewelry on!!

Makes me sick!

Comment

Originally posted by bekeselassie
          Originally posted by tafnut
          I know of many (MANY) marks that make our state list (and presumably T&FN's) that were probably windy
          Not to mention a lot of them probably had uniforms on which were inconsistent with teammates, and some of them even had jewelry on!!

Makes me sick!
          Zackly . . .or did it for NO money, or didn't care enough about it to do PEDs or . . .

Comment

Working...
          X