Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gatlin Will Run Which Section At Pre? [the truth now known!]

Original post cut: they've decided to swap the sections around a bit (after giving us specific go-ahead to post the fields).

You'll be the first to know when the new stuff is available.

Assuming the wind's about the same (apparently not a sure thing), what shall we set the betting line for who's faster and by how much? I'll open with Powell by .02!

Comment

I'll see you a Gatlin and raise you by .05.

Comment

Um, I'm not really sure what I just said. But I think Gatlin will win by at least .05 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
          Assuming the wind's about the same (apparently not a sure thing), what shall we set the betting line for who's faster and by how much? I'll open with Powell by .02!
          Will Powell lean this year? If not, you might lose your 0.02 margin. Also, Powell tends to float through the finish more than Gatlin.

Comment

I am sure they will let Asafa run before Gatlin so that Gatlin can run a fast time based off Asafa's run.

Comment

Originally posted by jammin
              I am sure they will let Asafa run before Gatlin so that Gatlin can run a fast time based off Asafa's run.
              That kinda doesn't make any sense. Maybe in the 800 and up, but in the 100 why wouldn't Asafa just run as fast as he can?

Comment

That kinda doesn't make any sense. Maybe in the 800 and up, but in the 100 why wouldn't Asafa just run as fast as he can?
                he re-contracted shutdownitis the instant gatlin was re-assigned 9.77

Comment

They could give me a 30 meter head start and Powell and Gatlin would still beat me (even if I leaned). I don't think many people would pay to see that race though.

Comment

Why run as fast as he can. I am told Nike athletes are not paid to run at the Pre-classic because its a Nike event.

Leave the fast running for Europe. Its going to be windy as usual in Eugene.

Comment

Why run as fast as he can. I am told Nike athletes are not paid to run at the Pre-classic because its a Nike event.
                      You're kidding, right? Asafa Powell has so LITTLE self-regard that he's NOT going to do his best, under whatever circumstances present themselves? If that is so, I just lost a whole lot of respect for him. To not do your best is to waste the gift - I read that somewhere. ;-)

Comment

you may just get a +2.0 legal

you gonna waste it ?

Comment

You're kidding, right? Asafa Powell has so LITTLE self-regard that he's NOT going to do his best, under whatever circumstances present themselves? If that is so, I just lost a whole lot of respect for him. To not do your best is to waste the gift - I read that somewhere. ;-)
                          a lot may also depend upon which race lenny is in ( fasu isn't running )

he can drag the "big guy" in his race to the "wr"

Comment

Haven't you seen most of Asafa's races where he slows down towards the end. Just a typical run of the mill run for him in most races.

Comment

I am told Nike athletes are not paid to run at the Pre-classic because its a Nike event.
                              The meet itself may not have much cash to kick about, but it's well known that there's a rider in most Nike contracts which stipulates competition at Pre, or else your basic compensation from the company falls.

Comment

Working...
                              X