Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eugene Is About to REALLY be...

.... the track capital of the world.

That'll be when Michael Johnson and I deplane at the other end :-)

Re: Eugene Is About to REALLY be...

Originally posted by gh

I have always liked you but know its just pure hatred. Please ask him about the "stumble" in the atlanta 200, then i wont hate you.
    phsstt!

Comment

He looked kind of t-eed off back in 2001 when he was standing in front of me in line to the check-in at Eugene, and I asked Elisabeth Jackson (who was standing beside us) for an autograph rather than him. She was a rising star, and he was... well, a multiple world record-holder, multiple world and Olympic champion. Blasted, what was I thinking?!

P.S.: I guess casting that stone in a glass house wasn:t the smartest in hind-site, because my seat was given to someone else (I arrived 10 minutes too late for check-in back to Mpls-St. Paul). However, I did sit next to Jenny Adams instead from Eugene to Portland as a result of that re-route.

Comment

Originally posted by gh

I presume Chuck will be debusing; who will be deautoing...?

Comment

I see Epelle is trying to out garry Garry.
          why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

I:m not following you DC? ...

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
              He looked kind of t-eed off back in 2001 when he was standing in front of me in line to the check-in at Eugene, and I asked Elisabeth Jackson (who was standing beside us) for an autograph rather than him.
              Why would you want gh's autograph? :-)

My "brush with MJ" was missed by about 15 minutes, in 1997 (not Pre-related). I flew up to Toronto from LA to see the 150m showdown on a red-eye. Having my second wind, I was ready to go over to the University of Toronto athletic center (indoor track) to visit my old coaches. My wife (then fiancee) was very tired, so I got a coffee and newspaper, and stayed in our room with her for an hour or so while she rested. When we finally got to the athletic center, I was informed by the coaches that MJ had been there all morning training, and had just left! >:{

Comment

As we all know Garry is the king of name dropping.

Comment

Aha!

Comment

Originally posted by DentyCracker
                    As we all know Garry is the king of name dropping.
                    I dont have a problem with. Its certainly of interest and im glad he shared. GH tell us more when you get the chance.
                    phsstt!

Comment

I have no problem with it at all, it is just the Epelle asked me to explain my earlier comment. About time someone out-garried Garry IMNSHO

Comment

Interesting term: "Out-garry Garry." Someone please out-elders eldrick :-) on his numbers :-) :-)

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
                          Interesting term: "Out-garry Garry." Someone please out-elders eldrick :-) on his numbers :-) :-)
                          Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gh

Gee, and I only had Wallace Spearmon, Treniere Clement, DeeDee Trotter, and Kajsa Bergqvist on my connecting flight from Salt Lake City (name-dropping can be so much fun)

Today's Register Guard had two stories on the Oregon H.S. state meet on the front page of the sports section, two full pages inside, and a full page on the NCAA West Regional, complete with agate.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Murphy
                              Gee, and I only had Wallace Spearmon, Treniere Clement, DeeDee Trotter, and Kajsa Bergqvist on my connecting flight from Salt Lake City (name-dropping can be so much fun)
                              Well, when I drive up tomorrow I'm gonna have some bad hammy in the truck. And when I get there I get to sit next to a screaming mojo!

Comment

Working...
                              X