• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MJD
    replied
    Re: Vaulter Gets Even

>I am
    >assuming that there will be repercussions?

I'd say he is toast if true:

"Blouin later apologized for the gesture but organizers promptly disqualified him, citing Rule 145 of the International Amateur Athletic Federation, the world track and field governing body."

http://www.canoe.ca/CNEWSWeirdNews0108/23_moon-cp.html

Leave a comment:

• MJD
    replied

>Miss at 5.86, then a "make" at 5.86
    >that was negated by a Volzing call, which didn't
    >make him much happy. So, passes his third, then
    >clears a seasonal best 5.91 on his only available
    >try. What does he do then? Runs out onto the
    >track, drops trou and moons the officials for 20
    >seconds or so. And it gets replayed on the
    >Jumbotron. Take that!

I am assuming that there will be repercussions? I thought it was an overreaction but at the Canada Student Games in 2001?, the third place finisher in the steeple did the same thing to fulfill a bet he made that he would moon the crowd if he got a medal. He did and they took the medal away.
    Coolsaet, who got the medal instead, returned it to him later.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

way to go Timmy!!!

Leave a comment:

• gh
    started a topic Vaulter Gets Even

Vaulter Gets Even

A spy in Monaco tells me that Tim Lobinger--one of the prime movers in the petition to repeal the short-peg rule--got a bit of payback today.

Miss at 5.86, then a "make" at 5.86 that was negated by a Volzing call, which didn't make him much happy. So, passes his third, then clears a seasonal best 5.91 on his only available try. What does he do then? Runs out onto the track, drops trou and moons the officials for 20 seconds or so. And it gets replayed on the Jumbotron. Take that!

The message: Jon, next time you lie down on the track, drop your shorts first; that obviously doesn't "bring the sport into disrepute"
Working...
X