Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did Spain have 3 in the 1500 Final?

Roberto Parra's PR 3:35.02 was run in the WC final and that still does not meet the A standard. The other two had the standard so he was not in on his B. I can't remember him winning the world title 2 years ago, so no wild card for him. Please explain

Re: How did Spain have 3 in the 1500 Final?

3:35.02 was his OUTDOOR PB, but he ran 3:34.66 indoors this year. Indoor times also count for qualifying purposes.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

There is all this talk about US milers not competing with the Africans, but it is also many of the Europeans milers that are leaving the Americans behind. France and Spain are producing much better milers than the US. Combined both these countries sent 6 six 1500 meter runners to Paris. In contrast the US only got one qualifier in the 1500. Worst it has been 5 years since an American has been ranked among the worlds top ten in the mile/1500.

What are Masback and US Track and Field doing about this? It seems to me whatever they are doing it is not working.

The situation for US milers seems to get worse every year.

Comment

>France and Spain are producing
        >much better milers than the US.

Like Chouki...

Comment

The US men aren't even good enough to get tested - that's the main difference.

Comment

I think france can thank moroco for at least two of their representitives.
            Baala, and Chokui?
            While I here, I think USA second best distance track runner behind Krum is not Robison, Lunn, Berryhill, Torres, Kennedy, Broe, Lincon.
            His name is Khalid.
            The only people to get near him in a marathon have run sub 27 min ten K's, I think KK could do a very very quick track ten K, and would probably be mid 3.30's capable 1500. I've definitly heard that he is sub 3.40.

Comment

The only people to
              >get near him in a marathon have run sub 27 min
              >ten K's, I think KK could do a very very quick
              >track ten K, and would probably be mid 3.30's
              >capable 1500. I've definitly heard that he is sub
              >3.40.

I'd think the marathon is a totally different beast than the track, especially anything down to the sub 3:40 level. In his days on the oval, KK wasn't all that fast:
              http://www.tilastopaja.net/db/atm.asp?ID=24658
              Where did you hear he ran sub 3:40?

Comment

> I've definitly heard that he is sub
                >3.40.>>

ahh... been on dyestat have we? (as in, people on this board try not to "hear" things, they try to actually KNOW them--what a concept, eh?)

Comment

>What are Masback and US
                  >Track and Field doing about this? It seems to me
                  >whatever they are doing it is not working.

Buehler, Buehler.....

What do you suppose that Craig or USATF should do about it?? Get out there and train for the men & women who are obviously not working hard enough and/or are not talented enough to win?? Craig did his time as an elite athlete already. If our runners trained like he did, maybe they would be a little better.

Its truly amazing how the biggest critics are always the biggest cowards. If you have an idea, say it AND do it - please!

GH, please make people register with their real names, if that is possible. It would filter out the stupidity to some level.

Comment

Calm down.

Sometimes messages disappear on this board.
                    That makes Dr. Funny mad.

Opps there is now a security warning.

Comment

>I think france can thank moroco for at least two
                      >of their representitives.
                      Baala, and
                      >Chokui?

Baala is the child of an Algerian father and French mother.

Comment

Didn't check the indoor times. My bad, I should have known better.

Comment

I agree, MJR

'Sigh's statement of "What are Masback and US Track and Field doing about this? It seems to me whatever they are doing it is not working."

has to be the most inane one in a while. It is USATF's job to create 'opportunities'. It is the athlete's job to train hard and maximize the opportunities. The USA needs to stop blaming others for their problems. It has always been in the hands of the individuals to excel, not some infrastructural policy.

Comment

The reason I said I "heard", was because I don't 'know', as you seem to require. I was hoping someone else might know.
                            It came up in a conversation about how quick you have to be to be a good marathoner, and a fellow runner said something along the lines of "the world record holder for the marathon (KK) has done 3.30 something for the 15".

On the iaaf it labels Meldhi Baala a frnech-morrocan.

I differ that the marathon is an entirley different beast than the track 5-10km. Most very good marathon runners have there or there abouts with the best 10km runners of their time. That means KK should not be too far behind Geb and Tergat for a 10km.

Comment

And the official answer from
                              www.khannouchi.com
                              3.43 1500m (attn BS Alert), See I was wrong that is why I did not claim to know, if you weren't happy with what I said and obviously 'know' so much, why did'nt you just correct me.

Comment

Working...
                              X