Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: Athens 4X100

If Gaines gets the baton she won't be caught. Especially after going Edwards,Jones,White to Gaines.I don't care how fast Arron is the french won't catch this team.

Leave a comment:

• gandalf
    replied

>for the WR to
    >go it will mean white being in her 2003 form
    >(without modafinil),>>

You meant the tested-legal-no-Modafinil White who ran a PR (and fastest in the world for the year) who ran 22.05 in Paris? Let's not start a undercurrent of thought that now that she's been "caught" that there's going to be some humongous drop-off in her performances.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

i made a similar sentiment when the issue of white giving jones (marion that is) was being debated on board. without a doubt the world record is at risk. however let's be cautious because we are only conjecturing.
    for the WR to go it will mean white being in her 2003 form (without modafinil), gaines and edwards also being in their 2003 form and jones being in thw 1999 form. then the WR may go below 41 seconds. of course there is the issue of passing the baton around.
    for the positions it must be edwards first, gaines second, white third, and jones last. no one finishes faster than jones (remember the 2000 olympics and how jones almost got a silver for the USA after being almost the runner to receive the baton yet closed up very quickly) and gaines is not at her best when she has pressure on her. if gaines is to be the last relay runner the USA will have to have at least a 20 meteres gap otherwise the likes of Aaron will run her down. the USA discovered to their chargin that having the best sprinters does not necessarily mean gold in the relay.

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied

I think it was just because they ran out of substitutes - with Drummond not allowed to run, and Montgomery and Greene gone home after the individual disappointments, the US team was left with just 4 guys available to run...

Leave a comment:

• Grazer
    replied

Passing: This was the first time in decades (?) that the US M4x100 used the same line-up through all the rounds. I assume this was to polish their passing. But the passing in final was abominable! Ironic...

Leave a comment:

• The King
    replied

I know.

I was just pointing out that the US did run sub-38.00s at Paris.

And the USA 1 team ran 37.77s in Berlin this year.

It's still the world leading time.

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied

That still doesn't make it 'every time'...

Leave a comment:

• The King
    replied

>>Choose from Mo, Monty, Gatlin, Capel, JJJ, B
    >Wms,
    >Patton and even Drummond and you can get a
    >sub-38
    >every time.

They did choose 4
    >sprinters out of this group in Paris... guess
    >what, no sub-38 :-p

Yeah there was a sub-38.00s time in the 2nd Semi-Final.
    Actually it was 37.99s...

Leave a comment:

• tafnut
    replied

I sorta meant in the Oly Final, meaning I think that no matter who we run, we will win in under 38. Perhaps it's wishful thinking, but I think the rest of the world realizes that the US is always the favorite and it's ours 'not to lose.'

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Who would your 4 be for the men's relay? Would you include Drummond?

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied

You said 'every time', not 'only on a fast track'

Leave a comment:

• tafnut
    replied

"They did choose 4 sprinters out of this group in Paris... guess what, no sub-38"

As has been pointed out: slow track. What was their Berlin time?

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied

This reminds me. Has anybody received tickets to the trials yet? My order was confirmed, the credit card charged, but so far, no tickets.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

This combination will break the World Record by the 2004 Olympics if allowed to work together throughout the season to perfect exchanges. In the past there appeared to be some personality conflicts that they all have to put aside to work together. To see them begin Mt Sac or/and the Penn Relays would be spectacular. Next year's olympics are going to be something else as for sprinting on both the men's and women's sides. For that matter, the Olympic Trials are going to be great too. I can't wait!!

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied

>Choose from Mo, Monty, Gatlin, Capel, JJJ, B Wms,
    >Patton and even Drummond and you can get a sub-38
    >every time.

They did choose 4 sprinters out of this group in Paris... guess what, no sub-38 :-p

Leave a comment:

Working...
X