Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelli White vs. Kim Collins

I was reading an old TFN last night and was reminded that Kim Collins had a positive drug test after winning the Commmonwealth Games 100 last year. For the banned substance salbutamol, which is an asthma medication. While salbutamol is banned, you can get an exception for medical need, but Collins didn't declare it on his form. Sound familiar?

The Commonwealth Games Federation was in charge of testing. They let him off, saying, "The use of salb. is permitted under certain conditions and the levels found in his sample were consistent with normal theraputic use and was not considered to be performance enhancing."

TFN then concluded, "Yet to be revealed is how the IAAF--which tends to take a sterner view in situations like this--will react." Obviously the IAAF didn't react.

So, to sum up: Collins forgot to declare an illegal substance but it was OK. White forgot to declare a substance which was NOT ILLEGAL AT THE TIME and she's being crucified. As Desi would say, "Splain it to me Luci!"

Re: Kelli White vs. Kim Collins

In my sum-up, I forgot to include the cogent that point that White (and I assume Collins) had a doctor's prescription for the drug.

Comment

>In my sum-up, I forgot to include the cogent that
      >point that White (and I assume Collins) had a
      >doctor's prescription for the drug.

2 simple little words:

Chris Phillips

Lucy does have some splaining to do.

Comment

Is there any kind of link (other than being from the same huge country) between White and Phillips? He's from Arkansas; she's from California and spends half her time in Germany, so I have to wonder about the correlation. I'm not saying there isn't one, I just hadn't heard of any, and to link two people simply because they live in the same country is a bit of a stretch, wouldn't you say?

Comment

"So, to sum up: Collins forgot to declare an illegal substance but it was OK. White forgot to declare a substance which was NOT ILLEGAL AT THE TIME and she's being crucified."

Not so fast. We need to hear what Legal Beagle has to say on this. Hopefully he'll be helpful.

Comment

Simple. Collins isn't American. Everything magnifies if an American athlete does the same. Even before there's evidence examination, in their jealousy other countries are quick to judge. E.g., Marion Jones & Tim Montgomery with Charlie Francis media meltdown vs. the kid gloves Denise Lewis got for hooking up with the East German coach.

Comment

>Simple. Collins isn't American. Everything
              >magnifies if an American athlete does the same.
              >Even before there's evidence examination, in
              >their jealousy other countries are quick to
              >judge. E.g., Marion Jones & Tim Montgomery with
              >Charlie Francis media meltdown vs. the kid gloves
              >Denise Lewis got for hooking up with the East
              >German coach.

Hilarious. That is revisionism. Americans were piling all over Charlie(and the 2 athletes) much worse than anyone else was overseas.

Comment

<<<So, to sum up: Collins forgot to declare an illegal substance but it was OK. White forgot to declare a substance which was NOT ILLEGAL AT THE TIME and she's being crucified. As Desi would say, "Splain it to me Luci!">>>

i can explain to you clearly: collins is an upstart from a very small carribean nation and is considered an underdog who beat the brits in the commonwealth last year and the americans and the brits this year in the worlds.
                White on the other hand is a big bad american in the eyes of the myopic world who wants to see americans as bad. they will do anything to see americans de damaged, devalued etc.
                in other worlds IT IS ALL POLITICS ! and the iaaf panel just as crazy as the 9th circuit of appeals in san francisco !

Comment

>IT IS ALL POLITICS !

Change your tune, Thanos. The excuses for White ran out when that second test result was revealed. How on earth can you claim this to be a political issue now?

If your issue is still with modafinil's "borderline" illegality, forget about it and focus on norbolethone instead. Rumor has it we'll be hearing a lot about it in the near future...

Comment

>>>Change your tune, Thanos. The excuses for White ran out when that second test result was revealed. How on earth can you claim this to be a political issue now?
                    If your issue is still with modafinil's "borderline" illegality, forget about it and focus on norbolethone instead. Rumor has it we'll be hearing a lot about it in the near future...>>>

no she wasn't positive in the 200 meters.
                    the substance will not be on the banned list till next year and that does not make sense too.
                    it is ALWAYS about politics my friend
                    and obviously all of the other athletes that tested positive for anything were not announced until after the world championships were over.

Comment

>E.g., Marion Jones & Tim Montgomery with
                      >Charlie Francis media meltdown vs. the kid gloves
                      >Denise Lewis got for hooking up with the East
                      >German coach.

You obviously haven't seen or read any of the British press! Jeez, they're still trying to bring that issue up in the papers even now (re: Denise Lewis).

Denise and Marion aside, there is a difference between Kelli and Kim. The article itself said that Kim's level wasn't performance enhancing, and was consistent with theraputic use. Plus, has anyone else ever tested positive for salbutamol...? Thought not.

Modifinil on the other hand, is a kind of stimulant. Kelli White excuse was the whole narcoplepsy thing, but the fact that Chris Phillips tested positive for it also shows something is up. Why should Chris Phillips be taking it if he isn't narcoleptic? Could it be because it enhances performance in some way...?? Hmmm...

The fact that both of them are American doesn't count for anything. If someone else from Ghana or Lithuania had tested positive for Modifinil, then (provided they aren't narcoleptic) it would be obvious that they are taking it for a reason - TO ENHANCE THEIR PERFORMANCE.

Comment

Mr T wrote:

>The excuses for
                        >White ran out when that second test result was
                        >revealed.

Thanos replied:

>no she wasn't positive in
                        >the 200 meters.

He is talking about the Phillips positive-the narcolepsy epidemic among US sprinters and their families.

Comment

<He is talking about the Phillips positive-the narcolepsy epidemic among US sprinters and their families.>

Thanks for clearing that up English reader....however your statement that 2 positives is an "epidemic" only reinforces Dr. Thanos' argument that people like yourself only spin the facts to suit their bias's. It's time to drop the epidemic line.

Comment

Yes, an epidemic is when a dozen or so Brits across the board get nailed for Nandrolone the same year and all have the same "it was the contaminated supplements" excuse.

Comment

Collins got off mainly because he could show that he had declared the substance on a significant number of previous occasions.

Has White ever declared her congenital condition?
                              No one belives her excuse or her claim to be a narcoleptic..

Fake asthma is a widespread complaint in athletics but appears to be generally tolerated in professional circles.

Comment

Working...
                              X