Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: Kelli White vs. Kim Collins

excellent point torpedo, i mentioned something similar 3 mos ago and almost got crucified

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

That would be an interesting match-up. I'm sure kelly white, Barry Bonds , Regina Jacobs can all discuss this over ThanksGiving.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

hmmmmm......mayB...but personally i'd like 2 see Kim Collins in the ring against Duane Chambers in a submissions/pinfall bout.....any thoughts??

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Maybe they were all toking? Seriously half of cross country skiers have this problem too, what a joke this..

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Asthma!!!!!!! Man I always taught I was crazy when I saw a entire relay team from a State just North of Texas using inhalers before the mile relay.... Then all they do is go out there in run 3:04...and change indoors like it wasn't nothing....I guess Asthma is very..very...common of people of J......decent.....

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

>Either punish the kids or leave them alone it
    >reminds you of the Butch Reynolds back in 92 can
    >he run for a qualifying or not. The question
    You are missing something. There are many drugs that have clearance times in days and even hours.

Let's be realistic about modafinil. Yes, athletes were taking it in an effort to get an edge, but is it likely that it really game them a huge advantage? Probably not.

Nobody has ever classified it as one of the 2 year ban drugs.

>how was she positive for the 100 but neg. for the
    >200 not no way humanly possible unless i'm
    >missing sumthing.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Either punish the kids or leave them alone it reminds you of the Butch Reynolds back in 92 can he run for a qualifying or not. The question that I'm sure is on the lips of everyone else is how was she positive for the 100 but neg. for the 200 not no way humanly possible unless i'm missing sumthing. She is going to beautiful for the sport as Marion is coming back from maternity the Americans haven't had a sure fire 1-2 punch since......Flo-Jo and Evelyn Ashford....or the Gail Devers and Gwen Torrance action let us rejoice in what is going on and not sabbatoge for the sake of saving someone else's name or rep (hint, hint) from defeat.

Leave a comment:

• jhc68
    replied

All these threads about performance enhancing drugs and female athletes are moot now, folks... since the IOC approved eligibilty for transgender surgery people, what difference does it make whether women take drugs that enhance masculine characteristics? Kelli White gets penalized for the belief that drugs she used made her quicker, stronger and increased her endurance. But, jeeze, if a world class male sprinter undergoes medical procedures to make him into a transsexual female and the IOC says that is ok, then what is the rationale for dq'ing birth females from trying to be more manly?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I will say this she could probably beat Collins in a 2 out of 3 pinfall wrestling match....

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Torpedo, not Diack didnt, but Jacques Rogge, an arguably bigger fish in the sporting sea, declared Lewis was silly to go to Arbeit, and advised her to leave him.

Leave a comment:

• torpedo
    replied

>>Simple. Collins isn't American.
    >Everything
    >magnifies if an American athlete
    >does the same.
    >Even before there's evidence
    >examination, in
    >their jealousy other countries
    >are quick to
    >judge. E.g., Marion Jones & Tim
    >Montgomery with
    >Charlie Francis media meltdown
    >vs. the kid gloves
    >Denise Lewis got for hooking
    >up with the East
    >German coach.

Hilarious.
    >That is revisionism. Americans were piling all
    >over Charlie(and the 2 athletes) much worse than
    >anyone else was overseas.

Only you are engaging in revisionism. The press re: Francis, Jones & Montgomery was bad in the U.S., but MUCH worse overseas. European meet organizers even threatened to ban them from meets. Lewis has been criticized, but NO WHERE near the level that Jones & Montgomery got. Did we hear people say they would ban her, did Lamine Diack say he wanted to speak to Lewis "like she was his daughter?"

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied

There is no B-sample issue. White has admitted freely that she took the substance. She's fighting the judgment that there was anything wrong in so doing.

The big pending-B news is that of Lagat.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I would agree with Skip Davis (Hi Skippy!). there are interesting legal issues that complicate this discussion. Skip is a clever but honest lawyers lawyer, and one-of-a-kind winner who would make this one great fight to watch. But the real question comes back to "What happened to the B result?"

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

An athlete doesn't lose his/her right to sue just because he/she is an athlete. Of course it would be up to the court to decide whether or not Kelli has standing to sue in this matter. But since she can probably show that being stripped of her medals is likely to cause her real monetary harm, I don't see why she wouldn't have standing.

Leave a comment:

• wonder1st
    replied

Kelli said she would fight to keep her medals and money, but she is already talking about she would like it to be over... do you think she will fight to keep them? ref: taking it to the highest courts to get the judgement she is looking for.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X