Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the worst events at the WC

The walks. I know MRs and WBs all around, but I just am not a fan of the art of whispering the loudest.

On a serious note, might someone lobby IAAF & IOC to have the awards ceremonies held in a block, before the session, or after, on the final day. This would ease the amount of stoppage for competitors due to extraneous stuff. The field/track congestion is probably insoluable, unless you want 10 hour sessions. The ceremony problem added to the MLJ woes, but the basic problem is lack of talent. We truly had a golden age with Larry, Mike and Captain Carl.

Re: the worst events at the WC

If you want to talk about worst events in the latest WC, try the men's javelin. I was there and it was booooooring. No one noticed them especially when 85m proved to be a very difficult distance to surpass. Women's javelin was also very low key.

As for the victory ceremonies, it goes the other way too. During the women's javelin ceremony (which I was eagerly anticipating by the way so I could celebrate along with my compatriot winner) was completely lost and ignored since it took place during the French frenzy for the marvelous Barber's win in the long jump.

Cheers

Comment

Re: the worst events at the WC

I was probably part of the problem when Eunice won the LJ. It might have been quieter had Kluft entered the event.

Comment

Working...
      X