Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gabe Jennings ?!!!!!!

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gabe Jennings ?!!!!!!

    Terrific 2nd place to Lagat. Lagat 3:39.29, 3:39.42 Jennings, 3:39.49 Manzano. Amzaing homestretch kicks, Jennings daring to challenge Lagat, with Manzano closing fastest of all.

    People were absolutely bonkers.

  • #2
    AND THIS IS THE RACE THEY CHOSE NOT TO SHOW!!!

    edit: and the 110H was also excellent.....from what I READ.

    Comment


    • #3
      They would have shown it if we hadn't had the rain delay. As it was, they went off the air at 7:00, and the delay caused the running events to end at 7:30. Running events were originally scheduled to end at 5:00.

      TV wound up doing a live show instead of the planned live-to-tape.

      Comment


      • #4
        THE most inspiring, interesting, scream your lungs out race and We didnt get to see it.
        phsstt!

        Comment


        • #5
          Squackee, I wish you'd just stop beating around the bush, and tell us what you think about missing the 1500.

          [P.S. I agree]

          Comment


          • #6
            And they will do it in Indy again next year, when there is a team to be selected. Are they hoping for tornados? Yeah, they couldn't show anything which occurred after they went off the air. Hell, the 110H results just got up on the USATF site. Still no WPV or MDT. For all the weather problems, no shows, etc, it was still one hell of a meet. All four hurdle (sans water jumps) were super, 3 WLers. The shots were good (men's great). I'm still not really crushed that I didn't go. Twill be tougher not to go next year, even if we decide we can afford Osaka.

            Comment


            • #7
              Turn on ESPN2 now. Watch the College baseball game. They just broke in to show the women's 200 a few minutes ago, so there's a chance they'll break in to show the 1500.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dj
                Turn on ESPN2 now. Watch the College baseball game. They just broke in to show the women's 200 a few minutes ago, so there's a chance they'll break in to show the 1500.
                Final sign of the Apocalypse - they interrupt baseball for track!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Jennings has to be the comeback kid of the year.
                  "Who's Kidding Who?"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by dj
                    Turn on ESPN2 now. Watch the College baseball game. They just broke in to show the women's 200 a few minutes ago, so there's a chance they'll break in to show the 1500.
                    They did. Gabe with a buzz cut?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Wow, all this excitement for a guy who ran within 13 seconds of the world record and 10 seconds of the American record! I guess American miling is back. :wink: I know it's cool that a guy comes back from the dead, and Gabe is the third best 1500 man (don't forget Webb), for now, but I'll save my excitement until he runs under 3.35.00.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by jeremyp
                        Wow, all this excitement for a guy who ran within 13 seconds of the world record and 10 seconds of the American record! I guess American miling is back. :wink: I know it's cool that a guy comes back from the dead, and Gabe is the third best 1500 man (don't forget Webb), for now, but I'll save my excitement until he runs under 3.35.00.
                        This was a race, not a time trial. He finished 0.15 or so behind a 3:26.x 1500meter guy and beat the rest of the field when everyone had counted him out (well most people had). I suspect that there are now people thinking he can PR and he had a pretty quick 800 before (and I bought shoes from him at Movin Shoes when he was in HS).

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          How about them reshowing half of what they showed on saturday instead of new races on sunday????

                          Did the storm daily keep these events from being finished before the TV airing was complete?????

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            26:er -- I agree...seemed like a race.

                            Jennings in NYT: "I wanted to stay on Lagat's shoulder," Jennings said. "I know he's beatable. I've seen him beat."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Jnathletics
                              How about them reshowing half of what they showed on saturday instead of new races on sunday????

                              Did the storm daily keep these events from being finished before the TV airing was complete?????
                              Yes--the meet was 3 hours behind schedule

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X