Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EPelle
    No problem with the article, nor the observation made that Gabe is still marching to his own drum (however more structured that march now is). One paper decided to recall him as a bit odd, while another, more respected paper, decided to state that he:d made a comeback and almost won. Jennings gathered headlines in that world-circulated newspaper, and they had nothing to do with an eccentric type who got lost on his journey back "home" (to the track).

I think you:re reading too much into what I stated above. The drum-beating is a part of Gabe, but the story is that Gabe, himself, is back in his top. If the drums were to never sound again, Gabe would still be marching to his own internal music, no doubt.
    Whatever.... I don't understand why you even brough it up then.

Comment

Inside Bay Area (or however it is called) decided to run with a sensational headline -- for their Bay Area audience. The New York Times chose a more traditional route. That:s it.

Drum beats, being eccentric, having groupies was all part of the past. Now Gabe is grown, according to his father (I sure hope so by this age). Gabe has direction.

I brought this up, because of the newspaper:s use of sensationalism, nothing more.

Comment

Did anyone notice Gabe had the best drive home -- his last 1.200m was faster than everyone in the entire field -- 1,6 on Lagat. Some kickers made it down the 100m straight faster, but by this point, it was too late. Jennings hit the 1.200m mark two seconds slower in 2000 when he finished in 3.35,90 than he did this past weekend in his closing 1.200m. He had a 55 3:rd quarter there. He had a faster closing 400m here.

Good things in store.

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
          Good things in store.
          I'll think I'll open a Gabe store. I'll sell t-shirts with the motto:

"Gabe Rox & Rulz!"

I'll also have a Gabe-English dictionary, so when he says,

"dude, it was like - wow, man - and I was cruisin' off the cosmic energy and tapping Mama Earth for her know-how, y'know . . . and then it suddenly hit me in a trascendent epiphanal flash of total karmic TRUTH - I am the race and the race is me and together we will be all that we can be."

you can see that what he really said was, "I had a good race."

Comment

Meanwhile, where is he now? I haven't seen his name in any results recently. Is he running at all? Is he planning to run the World Cup? Anyone know what's up?

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
              Meanwhile, where is he now? I haven't seen his name in any results recently. Is he running at all? Is he planning to run the World Cup? Anyone know what's up?
              It appears he is running in this meet in Eugene on August 8th, and perhaps aiming for the $5,000 first place payout. Beyond that, perhaps he'll enter the Tour de France next year, where he could truly be seen as a prophet: "Everybody's on drugs, and I was limited in my ability."

http://www.registerguard.com/news/20...section=sports

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
                I'll also have a Gabe-English dictionary, so when he says,

"dude, it was like - wow, man - - I am the race and the race is me and together we will be all that we can be."

you can see that what he really said was, "I had a good race."
                So when he's having a BM, does he think to himself...."I am the BM and the BM is me and thus I am God's own fertilizer" ?

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay
                  So when he's having a BM, does he think to himself...."I am the BM and the BM is me and thus I am God's own fertilizer" ?
                  um . . . yeah . . . sure . . . it wouldn't have occured to me to couch it in those terms, but . . . you're the doctor!

Comment

I'm sorry I asked. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay
                      When he is done, he is separate and distinct from the BM. Gabe is at one with himself, and therefore is no longer the BM.

Comment

Was trawling thru some WJC results and came across this
                        1 KAOUCH Adil MAR 3:42.43
                        2 KIPKURUI Benjamin KEN 3:42.67
                        3 WITT Robert POL 3:43.47
                        4 SATO Kiyoharu JPN 3:43.62
                        5 JENNINGS Gabriel USA 3:43.94
                        6 MC CLEAN Colm IRL 3:44.79
                        7 STEVENSON Alastrair AUS 3:45.39
                        8 BIRGEN Nelson KEN 3:45.42
                        9 LAMALEM Hicham MAR 3:45.71
                        10 ZEGEYE Daniel ETH 3:46.45