Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is acceptable material for these boards?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is acceptable material for these boards?

Will somebody please explain the term "Redshirting"? I've seen it used for over 30 years, without ever being defined.

Comment

Redshirting is when an NCAA athlete sits out a year, ostensibly spreading his collegiate tenure over 5 years. Commonly done in Football to let Freshman get bigger stronger. Also done when an athlete is badly injured so he /she can have afull year to recuperate and not lose a year of eligibility.

Comment

But can't we agree that Gabe Jennings is beyone the pale?

On redshirting, I read somewhere, long ago, that the name came from the color of the jerseys such players wore at practice. But that may be urban legend.

Comment

Is discussing EPO use NOT acceptable for some reason? My thread on this topic was removed...

Comment

Gabe is a genius because he tell stories that are funny. EL G. is not as good a Gabe because he has no funny stories to tell about monkeys throwing coconuts.

Comment

>Is discussing EPO use NOT acceptable for some
              >reason? My thread on this topic was removed...>>

if you have facts, also known as FACTS, please feel free to post them. Otherwise--aka, rumors and innuendo--shut the fuck up and go away.

(Gee, was I really that blunt?)

Comment

This thread assumes you've already read the board guidelines at http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/tfn/di ... elines.jsp

That is the baseline. Being the mindreader that I am... BillVol's original question is about topics that are already with the guidelines we've set. (How do I know? BillVol has been posting here and already knows and abides by the basic board guidelines.)

Comment

That is the baseline. Being the
                  >mindreader that I am... BillVol's original
                  >question is about topics that are already with
                  >the guidelines we've set. (How do I know?
                  >BillVol has been posting here and already knows
                  >and abides by the basic board guidelines.)

You've cracked the case Ben!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

This forum probably has the most Webb posting than any other on the Internet. Letruns barely mentions the guy. Other forums seem obsessed with PRE. Come on people, PRE run almost half a lifetime ago.

Comment

Call me Master of the Obvious :-)

Comment

(Excuse this illiterate post; I seem to have misplaced my meds)

track and field news wants no discussion of drug use by usa sprinters or african distance runners... this sort of unholy alliance is also practiced by many major meet directors...in fact, drug use is a disgrace in track and field. in a great event like the tour de france drug use could be eliminated but the folks at track and field news have neither the balls or the moral fiber to call for such changes to this once great, but now fraudulent sport....read it quick, bhoys, they're gonna erase this!

Comment

track and field news... the koran of the sport...

Comment

someone has been in my computer and i just might sue t&f...

Comment

PAULIE- better check and make sure your aluminum foil hat is on good and tight tonight. i hear the radio waves are going to be especially strong tonight.

Comment

"if you have facts, also known as FACTS, please feel free to post them. Otherwise--aka, rumors and innuendo--shut the fuck up and go away."

And if you believe that I have some oceanfront property outside of Regina you might be interested in. Beware, anyone who might take Mr. Hill's utterance at face value: You might have read something carried by Reuters and 7 other major news services about someone coming clean about their drug use, you may even go digging and find it has become accepted as "fact", but you better have something that would hold up in court because Gary will unilaterally dismiss it as innuendo if he wants to.

Comment

Working...
                                X