Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• usain bolt

What is the 411 on this remarkable find?

Is he being recruited by any colleges?

Re: usain bolt

Colleges?! Hell, he's being recruited by USA high schools. Of course (fill in shoe company) will get him first.

Comment

would'nt be surprised if they are all trying to recruit him...

Comment

The iaaf board says he signed with puma & will attend the university of technology in jamaica

Comment

The number of Bolt threads will soon rival the number of Webb threads.

I don't think we should pile on the Bolt bandwagon just yet.

Time will tell if he is Michael Johnson or Obea Moore.

Comment

>The number of Bolt threads will soon rival the
            number of Webb threads.<

I suppose if we really wanted to create some bedlam, we could start a thread about Bolt's reaction times.

Comment

Reaction times?! Does he bolt from the blocks or not?

Comment

>The number of Bolt threads will soon rival the
                >number of Webb threads.

I don't think we
                >should pile on the Bolt bandwagon just
                >yet.

Time will tell if he is Michael Johnson
                >or Obea Moore.

True. However, at least Bolt actually DESERVES his hype! Webb is WAAAYYY WAAYYY overrated by U.S. distance fans on this board, so desperately hoping for the next "great white hope" (meanwhile Krummenacker, who has actually DONE something world-class for U.S. middle distance, gets 1/10 the attention. But then, Krum isn't the "right" color). But what world junior record or world-class elite times has Webb done? When Webb actually does something valuable, let me know.

Comment

And the number one stupidest post for the week.....

"Krum isn't the "right" color"

Comment

"Webb is WAAAYYY WAAYYY overrated by U.S. distance fans on this board"

SAY WHAT??!! All I see is people putting him down, saying he's all washed up, or like you, saying the hype is too much. I have seen far fewer people come to his defense and say - patience, friends, give him time.

The Webb Moritorium is still in effect!

Comment

Hey, guys, if you don't keep the Webb stuff on the Webb thread, we're never going to reach the magic 200 mark.

Comment

Letterman......stick to TV you jerk. Of course Black Lilly is spot on

Comment

While Lilly is certainly spot-on in that there's still a racial coefficient at play in all parts of U.S. society, I would posit that it has virtually nothing to do with the Webb situation. He broke a record in the most popular--by a wide margin--of events, he replaced an iconic figure, he broke a record that most had by then thought would last forever and he stomped all over what remains the single most recognizable "barrier" in the sport.

PR/publicity-wise it also didn't hurt that he did it in the city in America where track is most popular, in the meet which hosts the No. 1 international-class invitational, did it in a race in which the greatest miler ever was running, is a great interview and stayed around signing autographs for a couple of hours thereafter.

It's the kind of day where absolutely everything was perfectly set up to create a legend, even if he had looked like Yoda's little brother.

Comment

> did it in a race in which the greatest miler ever was running,<

Hey, what are you trying to do, start an El G debate? I thought this was a Webb thread.

What? It's not? What are usain?

Comment

(Webb is way overated)

I guess when Webb broke Jim Ryuns 35 year high school mile record , We did get excited. Overrated runners dont break records like that.Give him some time , he is so so young.

Comment

Working...
                              X