Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Will Happen When Wariner is Pushed?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard a rumour that a certain tall gentleman who turns 20 next month will (FINALLY) start running competitive 400s next year. We will see in time whether that has any relevance to this thread
    why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

...will he move up to the 800m when he gets eaten up down the 400m stretch like he did in the 200m in Lausanne? :-) This is good news for the sport, however... it keeps fans in the stands, and pumps us for those what can happens!

Comment

Originally posted by Mtn Dew
        Michael Johnson was 31 when he set the 400m WR was he not? If Wariner were coached by someone else I might wonder, but everything I see makes me think he will only continue to get better. I see sub 19.9 and maybe sub 43 in his future. I wouldn't be shocked to see him win 3 more 400m OG golds.
        3 more OLY golds.. you need to come down from mount shasta and take a breath of air... that is upsurd.

I wouldnt however be shocked in the least if boywonder ran 19.9... that could be done at the next meet of his choice... sub 43 well that will be a shocker... im starting to imagine that it is doable for this rare texan but it will still be a pleasing shock to my system ....
        ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Originally posted by DentyCracker
          I heard a rumour that a certain tall gentleman who turns 20 next month will (FINALLY) start running competitive 400s next year. We will see in time whether that has any relevance to this thread
          At one time, I would have thought that it might have some relevance. But at that time, I would have also thought this tall gentlemaan would be at or very near the top of the 200 world right now, and he isn't. He was beaten again just today.

OK, maybe his best event really is 400, not 200, and maybe he can push Wariner. But I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

Working...
          X