Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kellie white

Should Kellie White be stripped of the medals she won at the World Championships?....

Kelli White

>Should Kellie White be stripped of the medals she
    won at the World Championships?....<

OK, you get the prize for the stupidest question of the month (maybe the year). That question is going to be reviewed by a panel of independent arbitrators who will presumably have detailed evidence presented to it by both the prosecution and the defense. How dare anyone who has not heard and seen even a summary of that evidence pass judgment? Let her have her fair trial and let us see how and on what basis the panel decides before we form and utter our own opinions. Before then, any opinion you or I (or anyone else) may have is worthless.

Comment

Re: Kelli White

">Should Kellie White be stripped of the medals she
      won at the World Championships?....<

OK, you get the prize for the stupidest question of the month (maybe the year). That question is going to be reviewed by a panel of independent arbitrators who will presumably have detailed evidence presented to it by both the prosecution and the defense. How dare anyone who has not heard and seen even a summary of that evidence pass judgment? Let her have her fair trial and let us see how and on what basis the panel decides before we form and utter our own opinions. Before then, any opinion you or I (or anyone else) may have is worthless."

How is that a stupid question? If it were a stupid question, would they be devoting all this time and energy to answering it (panel of independent arbitrators, etc.)?

You go on to say "how dare anyone..pass judgment..." The poster was NOT passing judgment, simply asking a legitimate question.

Maybe you should have read the post before you went into your self-righteous rant.

Comment

Re: kellie white

of course.
        no question about that.
        she´s lucky if she won´t get a 2 year ban and be able to compete in athens.

Comment

I'm sick of this whole scene. When an athlete tests positive for a banned substince they get suspended before they know what hit them. Whenever it's an American, there's always a hearing and a big mess before anything happens. And nothing ever does. (recent exception Mickey Grimes) I'm tiered of hearing Americans always talking about a "fair trial", didden't she test positive? What do you need a trial for!!!!!!!!

Comment

White isn't getting any special treatment and neither is the US. Here is my post from another thread on the subject. The link shows USADA's flow for the process, which is basically (I haven't read every letter of every word) same as the IAAF ( http://www.iaaf.org/newsfiles/9584.pdf ).

"I found this the other day when I was trying to find some privacy information on the procedures for positive A samples.

A quite handy little flow chart of the process.

http://www.usantidoping.org/files/USADA ... m11_00.pdf

Of course, I didn't find what I was looking for. So goes the Internet."

Comment

"I'm sick of this whole scene. When an athlete tests positive for a banned substince they get suspended before they know what hit them. Whenever it's an American, there's always a hearing and a big mess before anything happens. And nothing ever does. (recent exception Mickey Grimes) I'm tiered of hearing Americans always talking about a "fair trial", didden't she test positive? What do you need a trial for!!!!!!!!"

One big problem with this rant... the substance that Kelli White is accused of taking is not banned by the IAAF.

Comment

the substance Kathrin Krabbe was banned for THREE years

Comment

>of course.
                  no question about that.
                  she´s lucky if she won´t get a 2 year ban and be able to
                  compete in athens.>>

What planet have you been spending your time on? The penalty is already decided. It's loss of her performances at the World Championships (and the money she won), nothing more, nothing less.

All that remins to be decided is if he penalty will be applied.

Comment

Here's the most up-to-date article I've seen w/ quotes from KW herself.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 1RRUF1.DTL

Comment

"I figured when you research something hard enough, what (else) can you do?''

Somebody is incompetent although, as someone has pointed out, maybe the warnings about the possibility of failing a drug test were just recently put with the product information.

"However, she backed off when asked directly if she has narcolepsy, a claim she made in Paris after the results of her drug test were announced.

"I don't want to answer that,'' she said. "I'm trying to be vague with my answers. I don't want to get into that.''"

She either has it or she doesn't.

"...saying it was not a mistake on her part not to list a mild stimulant, modanifil, on her medical form because it did not appear on the list of banned substances..."

A lot of people say that you are supposed to list all of your meds. Is that true or not?

"Kelli White said her mother, former Jamaican Olympian Debra Byfield, and her aunt, Delilah Byfield, both take the same medication that resulted in her positive drug test in Paris."

But do they have narcolepsy or not?

"Someone found a way to bring me down. I felt like that was going to happen, days before, that something was not going to go right.''"

Is she buying into the conspiracy theories now too? They are floating around. Very timely since the black helicopters took Ben down almost exactly 15 years ago too.

""She falls asleep when she visits here sometimes,''"

Have to sleep sometime.

Comment

<the substance Kathrin Krabbe was banned for THREE years>
                        Katrin Krabbe was banned for clerbuterol (steroid masking substance), not modafinil. She received 1 year suspension by her federation, IAAF tacked to it another 2 years. She sued and won over $500,000, I believe.
                        "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                        by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

"I don't want to answer that,'' she said. "I'm trying to be vague with my answers. I don't want to get into that."

Kellie, baby, you are NOT helping your cause. Plus your defense now rests on the fact that you did not declare it because it was not specifically on the 'banned' list? Didn't they tell you to list ALL medications explicitly to avoid this mess? I'm on your side, but c'mon, help me out here.

Comment

>"I don't want to answer that,'' she said. "I'm
                            >trying to be vague with my answers. I don't want
                            >to get into that."

Kellie, baby, you are NOT
                            >helping your cause. Plus your defense now rests
                            >on the fact that you did not declare it because
                            >it was not specifically on the 'banned' list?
                            >Didn't they tell you to list ALL medications
                            >explicitly to avoid this mess? I'm on your side,
                            >but c'mon, help me out here.

I imagine that if she has anyone advising her, they are now cringing. Some people can't be helped.

Comment

Would it be too much to ask that somebody as (currently) famous as Kelli White at least have her name spelled properly? I realize there are no rules when it comes to the cyberworld, but strikes me there need to be some standards.

Comment

Working...
                              X