Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim MONTGOMERY

dON'T YOU ALL AGREE THAT MONTGOMERY WAS A BUST AT THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS?..

Re: Tim MONTGOMERY

I can tell you are a rocket scientest. Yes he was.

Comment

And the sky is blue.

Comment

I am a rocket scientist, and I'd just like to say that finishing 5th in the World Championships is something only 4 others did better. A bust?! Please post the greatest accomplishment in your feeble little life and let's compare it with that.

Comment

I'm no rocket scientist, but it seems to me that whether he was a bust is something that he and track fans must decide. I'm sure most fans agree that for a guy who set a world record holder last year to finish fifth in the World Championships this year can be fairly characterized as a bust.

But you know what else? I'm equally sure that Mr. Montgomery would agree. You and I might be thrilled to be fifth best in the world in any t&f event. But here's a guy who has medaled in the WC's before and he's the WR holder. . . . and he didn't even medal in Paris. I don't think he takes much solace in the fact that there were only four guys ahead of him. In his mind and heart, he probably feels there should not have been anyone ahead of him.

Comment

Circumstances

People always fail to recognize how difficult it is to come back from injury. Early in the year, he had to battle the flu, and just a few weeks before the championships, he had gotten an injury during practice. I think he did well considering the circumstances, but most people can't understand situations like that, and expect athletes to be able to avoid sickness and injury more than the average human being, when athletes are human as well

Comment

Re: Circumstances

Montgomery blew it by dumping the coach who made hime the world record holder. He thought he didn't need anymore guidance. He said he had learned all there was to know about the 100m, that he didn't need Trevor Graham's coaching any more, and that he could run in the 9.8's at any time. Now, there's a guy with his head screwed on backwards.

Comment

Re: Circumstances

The truth is that, by comparison to Montgomery, Maurice Greene sustained the pressure of being #1 for those many years like he was the Rock of Gibraltar. Tim M now knows all too well that it's far easier to GET to the top than to STAY there.

Comment

Why is Tim Still Running?

I just noticed that Tim ran 10.32 in Japan. Why is this guy still running. He should just end his season and go home. It seems like he is just running for the money.

Comment

Re: Why is Tim Still Running?

He'd better run for $$$ while he can before he goes back to being a 10.1 sprinter and Marion dumps him.

Comment

Re: Why is Tim Still Running?

>I just noticed that Tim ran 10.32 in Japan. Why
                      >is this guy still running. He should just end
                      >his season and go home. It seems like he is just
                      >running for the money.>>

Of course he's running for the money; that's what he does for a living. Let's suppose you stack boxes for a living, and you normally stack 200 boxes a day. You get a crinky back (and you're out of medical leave) and you can only load 150 boxes a day. But the boss can live with that, so you aren't laid off. Nonetheless, should you feel embarrassed and just stay home, foregoing your salary?

Comment

Working...
                      X