Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pierre-Jean
    As for Tyson Gay, he told me he was still moving after the set command (he was in side of Francis) then had to break after the first steps and accelerate again. His last 40m were as fast as Asafa Powell (i was filming at the 60m point green mark for the last 400mH hurdle) and they both did 3.43 for the last 40m. Tyson will run low 9.90 this year, or even faster if wind is with him. As for Olusoji Fasuba, he complained also about the starter beeing so long to gun after the set command and was wondering what happened when the gun shoot. He started when he saw Leonard Scott moving on his side. By contrast, for the B race won by Crawford, the starter was very fast too shoot. Scott RT was 0.119, Asafa 0.138, while Olusoji, Tyson and Francis had very slow RT 0.187, 0.212 and 0.219 respectively. Ronald cramped twice during the race. All in all very deceiving.
    3.43 is final 40m you'd expect with a 9.86 overall ( not that inconsistent with safa's winning time )

if gay also ran 3.43, that is truly fantastic - it indicates he can run a time as fast as 9.86, if he ever has a 1st 60m of the same calibre - it certainly shows his 200m ability is helping his last 40m in the 100

also pretty rubbish rt of 0.212 for tyson - a more realistic 0.15s & he'd have gone ~ 9.98 ( a good pb )

Comment

3.43 for last 40m is 11.66m/s, so how 200m ability helps in running at 11.66m/s? This kind speed is reached nowhere in the last straight of the 200m. All the help coming from 200m is thus indirect. See the classic example of Marlies Göhr always beat Marita Koch in the last 40m of 100m, showing the specificity of speed. However, Tyson Gay shows well balanced morphology, good sprint form, patience and relaxation which is common to good sprinters at both 100m and 200m.

Comment

it helps him run a 3.43 instead of fading to a 3.45+ after a quick 60

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre-Jean
          Actually Asafa took the lead after 47m (yellow mark for 4th women s hurdle). but once more he had problems when opposed to fast starters like Scott. without Scott i think Asafa would have run a thenth faster in Rome.

This is the most deceiving 100m of the year because the problem at the start.
          The first false start was done willingly by Ronald Pognon because he felt cramps and he wanted to check if the legs were right out of the blocks....
          Then, for the actual start, the crowd was noisy because of Andrew Howe's jump and Francis Obikwelu wanted to raise the hand to recall the start but it was too late and didn't know what to do at the gun. It was a no-race for him. As for Tyson Gay, he told me he was still moving after the set command (he was in side of Francis) then had to break after the first steps and accelerate again. His last 40m were as fast as Asafa Powell (i was filming at the 60m point green mark for the last 400mH hurdle) and they both did 3.43 for the last 40m. Tyson will run low 9.90 this year, or even faster if wind is with him. As for Olusoji Fasuba, he complained also about the starter beeing so long to gun after the set command and was wondering what happened when the gun shoot. He started when he saw Leonard Scott moving on his side. By contrast, for the B race won by Crawford, the starter was very fast too shoot. Scott RT was 0.119, Asafa 0.138, while Olusoji, Tyson and Francis had very slow RT 0.187, 0.212 and 0.219 respectively. Ronald cramped twice during the race. All in all very deceiving.
          Eyeballing it, he does not catch Scott until about 6.2 on the clock, that is where I get 60m from. I did not see the yellow line, you referred to.

In any case, its was not about Scott, ir was about Asafa. Last week the same Scott was taken out earlier. This week, Asafa seemed to rush his execution in order to "race"..

BTW, I met and spoke with Olu. A really nice bloke.

Comment

Working...
          X