44.66 Gary Kikaya COD 1rB 2006
        44.71 Danny Everett USA 1 1991
        44.71 Tyree Washington USA 3 1998
        44.71 Jerome Young USA 2 2003
        44.72 Steve Lewis USA 2 1991
        44.76 Antonio Pettigrew USA 4 1998
        44.76 Xavier Carter USA 2rA 2006

Comment

It suprises me that MJ doesn't have the Track record [he should've put out a sub-44 at this meet in his time]

I see Wariner winning from Carter [who holds off Rock] in 43.85. Carter at 44.3 - pretty random, but it's fun to guess

Comment

Results B Race

1 KIKAYA, Gary COD SB 44.66 0.184
          2 BLACKWOOD, Michael JAM SB 44.94 0.267
          3 RAQUIL, Marc FRA SB 45.01 0.259
          4 HARRIS, Otis USA 45.35 0.250
          5 GORRIES, Paul RSA 45.44 0.255
          6 HILL, Clinton AUS 45.66 0.147
          7 BYRD, Leonard USA 45.68 0.193
          8 MILAZAR, Eric MRI 45.97 0.186

Comment

Originally posted by trackworld
            It suprises me that MJ doesn't have the Track record [he should've put out a sub-44 at this meet in his time]

I see Wariner winning from Carter [who holds off Rock] in 43.85. Carter at 44.3 - pretty random, but it's fun to guess
            I think Carter has a point to prove, we'll see him close to, even under 44. but he must still have a bit of that 19.63 in his legs. I'll give the nod to Warnier.

Nevertheless, Warnier will have to stop pissing around and run the whole 400m tonight. That could be very interesting. Hard to bet against Warnier, he's learned from the upset in Crystal Palace last year. Plus he needs to keep his win streak together for the potential big payoff atthe end of the season.

Whats up with Otis? 4 HARRIS, Otis USA 45.35 0.250

He has never really got back to full form after the Olympics.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
              Originally posted by trackworld

I think Carter has a point to prove, we'll see him close to, even under 44. but he must still have a bit of that 19.63 in his legs. I'll give the nod to Warnier.

Nevertheless, Warnier will have to stop pissing around and run the whole 400m tonight. That could be very interesting. Hard to bet against Warnier, he's learned from the upset in Crystal Palace last year. Plus he needs to keep his win streak together for the potential big payoff atthe end of the season.

Whats up with Otis? 4 HARRIS, Otis USA 45.35 0.250

He has never really got back to full form after the Olympics.
              Reports are they he let himself go after the Olympics, hitting up Krispy Kreme about a hundred times too many. He better get back on his game, because it's not as if we are hurting for more 400m runners..

Comment

45 seconds for last in the B race; pretty good, as is 44.66 for winning the "B"; I'll bet GK places reasonably well overall. DId he take the B race rather than Lane 1 in the A race?

Comment

Is there a lane draw for the 400m A race yet?

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
                    45 seconds for last in the B race; pretty good, as is 44.66 for winning the "B"; I'll bet GK places reasonably well overall. DId he take the B race rather than Lane 1 in the A race?
                    there aren't 8 guyz in the world presently capable of running faster than 44.66

he deserved a lane 2 or 7 in the main race

Comment

1. LICCIARDELLO
                      2. CHRISTOPHER
                      3. WARINER
                      4. CARTER
                      5. ROCK
                      6. MERRITT
                      7. GONZALES
                      8. SPEARMON
                      9. FRANCIQUE

Comment

Originally posted by pela2
                        1. LICCIARDELLO
                        2. CHRISTOPHER
                        3. WARINER
                        4. CARTER
                        5. ROCK
                        6. CARTER
                        7. GONZALES
                        8. SPEARMON
                        9. FRANCIQUE
                        So Carter can pace himself on Rock, No Rock canpace himself on Carter??

Interesting to see how TC does being able to track Wariner.

I have a feeling that Carter will gun the first 200m. Will Wariner follow or run his own race?

Comment

apparently x tends to run the 400 like jw - fairly controlled 300 & blast the last 100

so i'd be surprised if x blasts the initial 200 - not his style

i imagine jw will dictate it & have a 3m lead off the final bend & then...

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick
                            apparently x tends to run the 400 like jw - fairly controlled 300 & blast the last 100

Maybe not but my rationale is the high from Lausanne combined with being in Europe for the first time. The football-like crowds and all the attention.

Carters not in the US anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick

i imagine jw will dictate it & have a 3m lead off the final bend & then...
                              Rock also runs the first half "modestly", if I recall correctly.

Since people have been guessing, a I will guess 43.80 JW, 43.90 XC, 44.40 Rock.

As I noted above, I think that Kikaya might have taken a good lane in the B race rather than a 1 or 9 in the A race (see gh's comment somewhere?).

Comment

Working...
                              X