Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantastic run by Lukezic! And, yes, another remarkable SB for Sullivan!

He is getting ever closer to a PR after many years!

Comment

.95 to break it. I wonder if they hook up for training with Henner? Isn't Lukezic on the east coast somewhere? Sully is in Illinois.

Comment

Just watched it. The idiotic pacing doesn't really hit home until you see Ramzi and K2 running with pianos on their backs for 700 meters.

Comment

Originally posted by MJD
          Just watched it. The idiotic pacing doesn't really hit home until you see Ramzi and K2 running with pianos on their backs for 700 meters.
          Lukezic is doing what Willis has been for the last several years. He is running in extremely fast races and posting good times near the back of the pack. Like Willis, Lukezic will most likely run a 3:32 1500.

The US finally has some depth in the 1500. When Webb goes down Lukezic can fill in. Lagat will assure that the US is in medal contention in the 1500. It will be interesting to see how Myers does in Europe this summer.

Is anyone really surprised that Lukezic is running so well. He did make the World Indoor finals this year.

I think it is safe to say by the time he is 25 Lukezic will have run the 1500 in 3:32 and the mile in 3:50. In short he will be pretty much competitive with Nick Willis(NZ). Webb and Lagat are at a slightly higher level for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyril
            Fantastic run by Lukezic! And, yes, another remarkable SB for Sullivan!

He is getting ever closer to a PR after many years!
            Sullivan is the Canadian Steve Scott. He will be performing at the elite level until his mid-30s.

Comment

[quote=15mph][quote="The US finally has some depth in the 1500. When Webb goes down Lukezic can fill in. Lagat will assure that the US is in medal contention in the 1500. .[/quote]

Lagat will be there if the race is fast, or if the race is fast over the last 600m. If it's not he'll be in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by 15mph
                Sullivan is the Canadian Steve Scott. He will be performing at the elite level until his mid-30s.
                Yes, Sullivan's is great. And, after many relatively down years he has again reemerged.

I like Lukevic's consistency. He is slowly chipping away that PR. Making consistently strong efforts and staying healthy.

Comment

In a well paced rabbited race, drafting longer, Ramzi can go 327, maybe better.

Comment

Originally posted by figo
                    does that include k2 as well ?

if k2 runs a 3'27, he can become the "komen", in his own right !!!

Comment

i might need to eat some more humble-pie soon & call k2, daniel komen

he's now got a significantly better 1500pb than the original - 3'29.02 to 3'29.46, & he ran the former, off pacers running ridiculous times ( although, apparently not following them leech-like ) - perhaps he's capable of 3'28.5 - 3'29.0 currently

the other thing we know ( from 1500 heats in wc last year ) - he has no basic speed at all - runs these 1500's of just pure endurance - i have no idea at all of his "speed", apart from that it's crap - perhaps he has 800 speed, currently in the 1'46.0 - 1'46.5 range

if, he can run 3k & 5k as well as possible off

1'46.0 - 1'46.5 / 3'28.5 - 3'29.0

then he can become

Komen

Comment

That tells you something about the crazy race Ramzi ran. Getting beaten by DKK in the last 100m must mean those ridiculous first 2 laps really burned him out!

When I saw the pacers going through 200 in about 25flat I even thought they (Ramzi and DKK) couldn't even make it to the finish safe!

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick

i suppose k2 should be included in the 327 prediction too.
                          i mentioned ramzi because it seems he drafted less .... ran more with the irregular pace set.
                          with his 800 speed and the "fact" that he suggested world record pace tends to make me believe that..... ramzi believes that he has a chance at a world record.
                          according to my guestimation better drafting and a first lap of something like 54 instead of 52 makes the 329 effort equivalent to 327x.
                          so laying down money, like at the horse track, with k2 and ramzi at the same odds, i put my money on ramzi.
                          but none of the morgage payment would be involved.

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick

i suppose k2 should be included in the 327 prediction too.
                            i mentioned ramzi because it seems he drafted less .... ran more with the irregular pace set.
                            with his 800 speed and the "fact" that he suggested world record pace tends to make me believe... that at least ramzi believes he has a chance at a world record
                            drafting usually means they tuck in right behind the pacer, regardless of whatever regular/irregualr pace they set

still potenial 1s/lap drafting advantage a possibilty, but that advantage pales into insignifiance when following a ridiculous irregular pace more than a metre away ( you get virtually no drafting advantage ), when the lactate build-up by 1100m is virtually terminal

i didn't see the race - i believe ( from race reports ) that ramzi followed it, rather than k2, thus k2 had a huge advantage in last lap, as not having a terminal lactate

i'd be grateful for an accurate race report from gun-to-tape

thank you

Comment

Working...
                            X