• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by jrun
      Originally posted by MCFLY
      how much do you think dwight stones and carol lewis, marty liquori, lewis johnson, etc. get paid? well i think lewis johnson has gotten more non-t & f jobs than the others so perhaps he's a different category. but ball park estimates?
      They get paid relative to how much business they bring in.
      I assume you're kidding.

Comment

Dwight

people are weird. We complain that T&F gets no respect, publicity, etc. We complain that we see so little T&F on TV. Then when we are able to watch T&F on TV, e.g., MCSN, we complain that the coverage, commentators, what not, suck. Can't we all just get along??

Comment

Re: Dwight

Originally posted by blissbooth
          people are weird. We complain that T&F gets no respect, publicity, etc. We complain that we see so little T&F on TV. Then when we are able to watch T&F on TV, e.g., MCSN, we complain that the coverage, commentators, what not, suck. Can't we all just get along??
          a. you're right
          b. we're Americans - it's what we do
          c. we get so little; is it too much to ask for them to get it right?
          d. other sports' fans would not stand for this kind of product
          e. you're right
          f. I'm sorry
          g. please don't take it away
          h. I'll try to be good
          i. you're right

Comment

Quite true. The TV situation is what it is, and our griping may be theraputic, but it won't change anything. I'm grateful when I only get a moderate kick in the butt rather than a lead pipe up side the head.

Comment

I would never think of critizing ANY track on any screen. I watch wcsn and sometimes its just still pics with commentary and i wouldnt think of complaining. Its like a starving man complaining that you brought him the wrong flavored potato chips.

" What! These are cheddar flavored chips and i wanted sour cream and onion!"

But sir, your dying of starvation, we didnt think you'd mind?

" What, give up an oppurtunity to bitch, are you kidding. And when i die and go to heaven im gonna bitch about the towels".

Finding ANY track is like diggin in the dirt and coming up with a little shiny diamond, There may be a little dirt on it but its still a diamond.

And thats the way i feel and its probably because im a geeky loser but i know im not alone. Right?
              phsstt!

Comment

It is, indeed, nice to see track on TV or Webcast. But I don't understand why you think we shouldn't criticize aspects of it that are done poorly. Any business that cares about its customers wants feedback. Did you read my post about the CA HS coverage on FSN? It was almost all praise! I thought the WCSN cast of Paris was very, very good, with Tim Hutchings and Stewart (Stuart?) Story. I thought Dwight was very poor, and I certainly was not the only one. He was put into an impossible position by WCSN.

For myself, I will continue to "call 'tripe' whenever tripe is served". That doesn't mean I don't appreciate the coverage.

"Thank you! Give us more! Give us better!" >:-)

An aside: when I was 16, they broadcast the Coliseum Relays on the RADIO!!! I had the LA City Finals the next day, so I stayed home and listened to Snell blow Burleson away with a 24.5 last 220y, then went to sleep.
                Cheers,
                Alan Shank

Comment

Working...
                X