Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble With WCSN

I tried to watch Rome live, but just got jumps to still pictures, very little action. After restarting, checking settings, etc., I went to the beach and watched the archive later. The archive was fine. Did anyone else have this occur? This is the first time I have had any problem with it.

Are you running broadband or dial up?

Comment

Originally posted by ALLSpeed
      Are you running broadband or dial up?
      cabel modem

Comment

A little off topic but...

I had the same problem that some other people had mentioned about wcsn thinking they were out of the U.S.A. and therefore got blacked out. The horror stories were that you had to wait on the phone for like 30 min and miss a lot of the meet before getting it right. Today, that happened to me, but I was only on hold for about 4 min and I didn't miss any of the meet (unless they showed the 400 B section??)

Sucks that it happened, but it went pretty quick

Comment

Re: Trouble With WCSN

Originally posted by maggot
          I tried to watch Rome live, but just got jumps to still pictures, very little action. After restarting, checking settings, etc., I went to the beach and watched the archive later. The archive was fine. Did anyone else have this occur? This is the first time I have had any problem with it.
          I have the same problem and have cable hook up.
          phsstt!

Comment

I have noticed that when the picture is still for a few seconds, I have a really clear picture in full screen mode. The rest of the time, things are quite blurry. If I had higher speed or a faster screen, would I have a good picture all the time?

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgiaFan1
              I have noticed that when the picture is still for a few seconds, I have a really clear picture in full screen mode. The rest of the time, things are quite blurry. If I had higher speed or a faster screen, would I have a good picture all the time?
              I think I can say with 99.99 percent certainty that the answer to that is no. They are not sending enough video data at a fast enough rate to give you a clear picture all the time.

Comment

Where was the problem?

I watched Paris live, and had no trouble at all with freezing up or disconnecting. For Rome, it was good for about an hour and a half, then the display froze. It started buffering again, but the progress was very, very slow. It kept having to start over. Finally, it disconnected entirely, so I had to log in again. The 2nd time it disconnected, I got the blackout message. I found that my ISP had changed my IP address. I went to the ESPN site, and it was very slow, too, so the problem was either with my ISP or the Internet in general.

I called the Customer Service about the blackout issue, and they basically told me there is nothing they can do about the dynamic IP address issue. I also found that my ISP will change the your IP address even when you're online, so it's even worse than I thought. For $20/month extra, I can get a static IP address. I don't think it's worth it, just for WCSN.
                Cheers
                Alan Shank

Comment

Working...
                X