Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zaitseva 49.49, Veshkurova 49.99, Firova 50.08!!

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zaitseva 49.49, Veshkurova 49.99, Firova 50.08!!

In Tula. This must now mean Zaitseva and Veshkurova will join Pospelova as the 3 entrants for the 400 individual in Gothenberg, assuming Zaitseva wants this and not the 200m. Pospelova herself sharpening up with a 22.60 200m

400m
    1 Olga Zaitseva RUS 49,49
    2 Tatiana Veshkurova RUS 49,99
    3 Tatiana Firova RUS 50,08
    4 Anastasia Kapachinskaia RUS 51,16

200m
    1 Natalia Rusakova RUS 22,53
    2 Svetlana Pospelova RUS 22,60
    3 Yekaterina Kondratieva RUS 22,85
    4 Yelena Novikova RUS 22,86
    5 Yelena Bolsun RUS 23,00

1500m
    1 Lilia Shobukhova RUS 4.05,58
    "If Gaby worked as hard with the weights as she did with her tongue she'd have a different concept of beauty. To get performances like mine, she'd have to sacrifice some of her good looks. The women of the west dont work as hard as we do" JK

Re: Zaitseva 49.49, Veshkurova 49.99, Firova 50.08!!

Originally posted by Andrea_T
    In Tula. This must now mean Zaitseva and Veshkurova will join Pospelova as the 3 entrants for the 400 individual in Gothenberg, assuming Zaitseva wants this and not the 200m. Pospelova herself sharpening up with a 22.60 200m

400m
    1 Olga Zaitseva RUS 49,49
    2 Tatiana Veshkurova RUS 49,99
    3 Tatiana Firova RUS 50,08
    4 Anastasia Kapachinskaia RUS 51,16

200m
    1 Natalia Rusakova RUS 22,53
    2 Svetlana Pospelova RUS 22,60
    3 Yekaterina Kondratieva RUS 22,85
    4 Yelena Novikova RUS 22,86
    5 Yelena Bolsun RUS 23,00

1500m
    1 Lilia Shobukhova RUS 4.05,58
    Would make for a wonderful head to head 4x4 between Russia and USA with Russia by said stats perhaps getting the nod.

Comment

I've never heard of Veshkurova and Firova!

Do you think the Russian 4x400m might have the potential to break the world record?
      http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

Firova has run in relays in the past couple of years, in both Helsinki and Athens, but just in the heats. She also pushed Felix hard in the 400 in the UK. Her previous best was 50.41 from last year

Veshkurova is not as well known, but she set a PB of 50.64 earlier this season and had a great relay leg at the european cup this year.
        "If Gaby worked as hard with the weights as she did with her tongue she'd have a different concept of beauty. To get performances like mine, she'd have to sacrifice some of her good looks. The women of the west dont work as hard as we do" JK

Comment

Originally posted by nevetsllim
          Do you think the Russian 4x400m might have the potential to break the world record?
          Nooo. The sum of their best individual times this year is just under 3:20. No chance of doing 3:15.16 off that, especially with no serious competition.
          The individual 400 in Gothenburg will be hot, though. Stambolova vs. the Russians, plus a few other 50.xx runners.
          100 and 200, on the other hand, are looking really poor. Right now it looks like Gevaert won't have much serious competition.
          Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by Powell
            100 and 200, on the other hand, are looking really poor. Right now it looks like Gevaert won't have much serious competition.
            I'm not so sure...I think Guschina will giver her a good race. She's been running surprising times (for a former 400m runner) over 100m, and hasnt contested a 200m for a while, yet she very much intends to run both. Personally I believe Guschina is joint favourite for gold in the 200m.

I'm interested to see how Rusakova can do in the 100m, but I agree Gevaert is ahead in that event

Comment

I see Gushchina as favorite in the 200 too. I liked those 100's she ran at Znamenskiy's and at the Euro Cup. Waiting to see a 'real' 200 from her.

Comment

You may be right about Gushchina and 200. I was basing my statement on the European season lists, but it's true she hasn't done any serious 200s yet.

100 really is looking weak, though, unless someone (Karastamati? or even Nesterenko?) can come completely out of the blue.
                Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Is Arron no chance to back and running?

Comment

Working...
                  X